Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday's Talking Points

Welcome to Tuesday. Grab your coffee and enjoy today's dose of lighter, yet full bodied fare. We're talking about a lot today, please enjoy these announcements, YouTube glimpses and even an exercise or two.

Goddess of the Hunt

Tessa Dare has a new book coming out today, a gem called Goddess of the Hunt. I'm really excited about this book. I've read a number of reviews and heard lots of good things about it. So I highly recommend that you go check it out if you haven't already. I know it's high on my list.

Wonderful Creativity in this A Capella Tribute



It Happens ... Don't Miss It

I love to share what I'm working on with my readers. So be sure to visit ARe for this free short story available now.

The Blurb: My name is Chance Monroe and I'm a Hedge Witch, charged with the protection and healing of my native land, which in this case happens to be Northern Virginia. In times past, my people might have been wise women, druids or shamans. Today, we are simply hedge witches. I went to the Rodell's to do Betty a favor, what I found was an evil borne of blood, tears and Voodoo.

See more adventures with Chance Monroe in Prime Evil, due from Sapphire Blue Publishing in the Fall, 2009.

True Blood

True Blood continues to grow as a program that is separate and interesting in its own right from the Charlaine Harris novels. The preview shown by HBO at the San Diego Comic Con over the weekend teases of story lines that will play out over the next few weeks. Season 3 is guaranteed and for those of us who love Harris' books, she's going to be writing at least three more. Long lust to Sookie and Eric!




Writing Exercise

I like to use writing exercises when I feel like I'm stuck or blocked. So here's a writing exercise for those of you who enjoy fantasy, romance, writing or some combination thereof:

Use one of the following phrases: queen of hearts, full deck, joker, dealer's choice
Your piece begins with one of the following lines:
It was a time of innocence ....
He haunted the night ...
The smell of the fire ...
Try for 500 words.
You can do it.

3 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    Thanks for another terrific blog post!
    Loved the links & vids. Also the writers' prompt is great.
    I'm looking forward to reading GOTH too.
    Love and best wishes
    twitter.com/RKCharron
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather,

    Tessa Dare's Goddess of The Hunt looks like an amazing read. I'll have to check it out.

    thanks for an awesome post today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, my bookstore was sold out when I got there, so I have to wait for Amazon now. Well -- sad for me, great for Tessa!

    ReplyDelete