Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Snips and Clips: Book Winner and More

What a great week this has been. I got to meet a lot of great ladies at the DFW Tea book club and discovered a really wonderful antique shop. I saw G.I. Joe and it didn't suck. I got to meet Sherrilyn Kenyon and was wowed by her warm personality and innate cheerfulness. We even got into a debate about paranormal romance versus urban fantasy and the power of definitions. Lisa Pietsch stopped by for a guest blog and I posted a short review of the Strange Brew anthology.

Like I said, really busy, but ultimately fun week. So let's get down to this weeks snips and clips:

Bad Moon Rising Book Winner

Congratulations Cathy M! My daughter drew your name out of the hat, so you are now the proud owner of an autographed copy of Bad Moon Rising. I'll be sending you an email for your snail mail address so I can mail the book off on Monday. I hope you enjoy it! I haven't had a chance to actually read it yet, it's the story of Fang, Vane's younger brother. My husband absconded with my copy so I'll have to wait until he's done!

Writing in Review

Heard from my line editor that Prime Evil will soon be making it's way towards me for line edits. I am about halfway through Act II of Hel's Belle and I will likely set it aside to work on The Rapture which I'd like to submit to the Samhain Angels and Demons call that is due November 2.

Kiddo Back to School

My writing time is about to become very freed up as the daughter goes back to school in a week. She's not excited about it, but it will definitely make getting back on my schedule easier for me.

G.I. Joe

I didn't get to fangirl about Rachel Nichols much in my review, but on second watch (took the kids back to see it), I really, really, really liked her. I think if I were to choose someone to play a Barbara Gordon Batgirl in the Christian Bale Batman films, it would be her. She's sassy, pretty and lots of fun in an action role. And is it me, or was Sienna Miller surprisingly dark and twisty as the Baroness? I just don't see that glamorous woman when I look at the Baroness -- I see something a lot wilder and more primeval!

Being Human

Being Human continues to entertain. I often give shows at least three episodes before I make a determination on whether I really like them or not and I have to say, Being Human is a keeper. I cannot wait to see what will happen next in the lives of our three dysfunctional supernaturals.

Coming Soon

The Daily Dose is interviewing Book Editors for a week long series this month! It's my chance to interview these book editors about their process, what they look for and what advice they can give to the writers! So stay tuned for that.

3 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    Thanks for the great blog post.
    Glad things are humming along for you.
    Looking forward to the interviews upcoming.
    Best wishes to you & yours,
    RKCHarron
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Being Human! It just gets better and better and doesn't disappoint, imo. (btw, they are working on season 2 right now!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks tons Heather for my copy of Bad Moon Rising, can't wait to read Fang's story.

    Wishing you a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete