Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Snips and Clips: Books, Blogs and Beauty

Is August really drawing to a close? It seems like just yesterday the summer heat was rolling in, but the kiddos are back to school, moms and dads are back to writing and fall television will soon be back on the air. Before we know it, Halloween will be here.

Sunday snips and clips is my weekly round up of news and views that may not have fit in anywhere else. Today, we've got a few different things going on: it's the end of one month, the beginning of another and we've got a lot of great things to look forward too.

Book Blogger Appreciation Week

The BBAW is this month around the week of September 14th. Now, I would typically jump on this week to feature multiple profiles of some of my favorite book bloggers, but I did a series of Spotlight Ons in July with some great book reviewers who are also bloggers. Many of these book bloggers are also up for awards of their own and I am so happy for all of them. I'll be featuring a little blip on the sidebar about various book bloggers all month, so be sure to check in on that.

The Daily Dose Coffee Mug

If you look on the left, you'll notice that you can now order your very own Daily Dose coffee mug. That's right, I wanted one because I just love the banner art so much and I thought I would share with my readers. Also, beginning in September and running through December, one lucky commentator a month will win a coffee mug. I will randomly draw a name and announce it the last day of the month. You can then contact me with the shipping information and I will send you your very own Daily Dose coffee mug, the perfect accessory for daily inspiration.

Prime Evil Edits

That's right, Prime Evil is back in my hot little hands with all of its red marks in place. I will be working diligently to get these edits done and back to my editor. I will be posting the release date soon. Also you have just a couple of more days to enter in my free Prime Evil give away. Check out this interview with me at Erotic Book Junkies Book Reviews and leave a comment. The winner will be drawn on August 31st!

You Are So Beautiful, To Me

Spotlight On will feature interviews with cover artists this month including Dan Dos Santos, Kendra Egert, Judy York and Sherin Nicole. These artists are the creative force behind some of the best looking covers in print and e-books.

Charmed and Demonic

Don't forget the contest to win Charmed and Dangerous (the first of the Charmed series by Candace Havens) and Kiss and Hell by Dakota Cassidy is open until September 10th. If you haven't entered, you can check out the rules here.

Guest Bloggers, Anniversaries and More

My husband and I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage in October by spending a week at Disney World (we were married there in 1999). So for our personal week away, I am lining up a great array of guest bloggers so that you can continue to enjoy your morning dose of coffee, wit and wisdom. Among the features and guests you can look forward to are: Candace Havens, Angela James, Nikki Duncan, Kelly Ann Zuzulo, D.D. Scott and an interview with Shannon K. Butcher. Also on the agenda is an interview with authors Rachel Caine and Thomas E. Sniegoski.

It really is shaping up to be such a great month. If you are interested in guest blogging while I'm out of town, be sure to drop me a note and hopefully we'll be able to fit you in.

What are you looking forward to next month?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! I love the mug. I wish I could make it a black mug or a different color mug option, but it's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mug is indeed fabulous, Heather! Can't wait to get my own!

    And what an honor to be a part of your 10th Wedding Anniversary week!

    While you and your DH are living it up at Disney World, I'm thrilled to provide all of us here with a sneak peek at my Muse Therapy classes. We'll learn a few tricks on how to rein in our creative divas while you and your DH are reigning over The Magic Kingdom!

    Sexy, Sassy, Smart Daily Dose Wishes --- D. D. Scott
    http://www.DDScott.com
    http://twitter.com/ddscottromcom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather,

    I love that mug and the banner too!

    Cool I can't wait till your 10th Wedding Anniversary with your guests which are alot of new authors to me!

    ReplyDelete