Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Snips and Clips: Charmed and Demonic

This Sunday's snips and clips comes to you following a wonderful afternoon spent with the Reyes women of Fresh Fiction, authors Dakota Cassidy (kicked back in the photo on the right), Candace Havens and Michele Bardsley as well as seeing Nikki Duncan and a few other friends from Dallas Area Romance Authors (DARA).

Charmed Demons with Broken Hearts

I know Candace Havens and Dakota Cassidy from Twitter. I made their acquaintance in the twitterverse over the summer, chatting with them, retweeting and generally enjoying their wit and fun. Candace even answered a couple of questions for me while she was on the TCA tours in Los Angeles (for which I was very grateful by the way). In person, she's just as warm and funny and fun as she is online. Dakota Cassidy is every bit as sassy as one might expect from her tweets. Michele Bardsley I did not know before the signing, but definitely enjoyed hearing her experiences.

The three authors answered questions ranging from how do you work (really hard) to how do you cope with writer's block (no such thing) to how they feel about reviews of their work (it actually hurts one of the authors feelings when someone doesn't like her work). These very busy ladies have a lot of great books coming out over the next year including:

Accidentally Demonic by Dakota Cassidy (February 2nd release date) - This is the fourth book in the Accidental series that began with The Accidental Werewolf.

Take Me If You Dare (Harlequin Blaze) by Candace Havens is due out on February 1, 2010.

Come Hell or High Water (Broken Heart Vampires) by Michele Bardley is due out on January 5, 2010. This series begins with the book titled: I'm the Vampire, That's Why. The series set in Oklahoma uses the tagline of "there's a new soccer mom in town, one with fangs." Definitely adding to the to be read list.

All in all, it was a great day and I enjoyed lunch with Candace beforehand and coffee with Dakota and Michele afterwards.

Spotlight On Interviews

Our Spotlight On interviews will continue in September when we feature Cover Artists. Artists Dan Dos Santos, Judy York, Sherin Nicole and Kendra Egert have all agreed to interviews. So be sure to check in the week of September 14 for these great interviews. Also in September, I will feature interviews and guest blogs from some great writers (including one of my personal favorites).

Be sure to vote in the poll on the right for what you'd like to see in future Spotlight On interviews. The options this time around are literary agents, fantasy authors, romance authors and book bloggers.

Contest

For fun, let's have a contest. I picked up Charmed and Dangerous (the first of the Charmed series by Candace Havens) and Kiss and Hell by Dakota Cassidy. Both books are signed by their respective authors. If you'd like to win one of these books you can enter using one or all three of the ways below.

So, how do you win this first season? Here are the ways you can enter:

+1 Leave a comment to this blog detailing which book you'd like and make sure I have a way to contact you email or twitter.
+2 Follow this blog or leave me a note saying you already follow.
+3 Post a link to this contest on your blog and let me know where to find it in a comment.

That's six possible chances to win a great book. The only caveat is that there will be two winners: one for each book. Contest will run through September 10th. So get your entries in!

23 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    I love the picture of Dakota reposing!
    She is so full of Awesome.
    I'm glad you got to meet such great authors.
    Thanks for the contest too.
    I'd love a signed KISS & HELL :)
    I am a member of your site. :)
    If I win, I'll DM you my contact info via Twitter, I don't want to put my address and city etc out for everyone.
    :)
    Love and best wishes,
    @RKCharron
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    that's a really great picture. Reminds me of how I felt after work this week. It was definitely to hot in Germany.
    Twitter is really great for finding people who share your love for books or other hobbies. I'm a little addicted myself.
    I would love to win a copy of Kiss & Hell. I'm a follower here and on twitter (@Susi_Sunshine). You can contact me there or over Email through my blogger profile.
    Have a nice Sunday,
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. I love to learn about other authors upcoming books. Now that I found your link, I'll be back often. It's really great news.

    Best wishes
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee hee that is my picture that I took. LOVE IT!!

    I'll take either book if I win. :) I'm not picky I love them both! Actually all three women were fabulous yesterday!

    http://twitter.com/alfngf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's so mean!! It's Sunday morning my coffee isn't ready and I'm supposed to decide between what sounds like too great books by two fabulous writers???

    I suppose Charmed sounds closed to something that pings right now..Definately

    http://twitter.com/ngtmagicks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that totally sums up the day, eh? LOLLOL Damn that Michele Bardsley for making us all wait!

    Awesome to have met ya, doll :)

    Big hugs,
    DC :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I'm obsidianmorte on Blogger and Twitter. I would like Kiss and Hell.

    I follow here.

    I tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny but I think Dakota gets most of her productivity when in that pose... LOL I already follow you, Dakota and Candace on twitter and have retweeted the post.... following the blog under hockeyvampiress and will try and enter it on the blog tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always looking for new authors to read. I'd love to try both books but will start with Kiss and Hell by Dakota Cassidy. I'm following this blog also. I enjoy all of you in Twitter.

    Sam

    thesambradley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh contest! You know I have to enter, Heather. :D

    Well I already follow here. ;)

    I LOVE Dakota Cassidy! Her books are freaking awesomely funny! I didn't know there was going to be a 4th Accidenal book...I wonder who it'll be about?

    Anyway, I already bought Kiss & Hell (told ya I love her) But I would love to get that Candace Havens book. I've never read anything by her, but I've been meaning to for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Charmed and Dangerous is a book by Toni McGee Causey. Two books with the same Title?

    Hey anything by Dakota Cassidy rocks my boat.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! Love your take on the signing makes it all so "real"

    And would love a copy of the Dakota pose for our site's photos of the signing. Can you send it to me?

    Sara Reyes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved Candace Havens' Caruthers Sister's books! Can't wait for more! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, DocPammy--I had to jump in here. The title was actually Candy's first. LOL. They changed Toni's for rerelease in m/m. When Toni emailed me and told me about it, I was like, I so know that title :)

    Titles are done over and over, but not copyrighted.

    DC :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for such a tremendous response and yes, DocPammy, Candy did have the title first, but there are lots of books out there with the same title -- it's all about the author and the story! Charmed and Dangerous is a blast to read!

    This contest is going to run through September 10th, so keep those responses coming! Thanks for dropping by Dakota! It was good to see you here as well as everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dakota and Candace have the best sense of humor and adventures with their writing! I'm sure they're a treat to meet in real life.

    Charmed & Dangerous's cover attracked me as soon as it made its debute and loved every book since from Candy. I've followed Dakota's career since she began in e-book, loving and laughing every minute.

    Thanks Dakota for the giving us the link to this great place!

    Stephanie
    DragonStar1974@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, great post! I would like the Dakota Cassidy book:)
    I am on twitter @izzyabbysmom and also follow the blog.
    Thanks for the giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, so hard to choose! I definitely have to read Kiss & Hell! I love Dakota's sense of humor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mary D
    zenrei57 (at) hotmail (dot) com

    WOW - you sure picked two great books to pick from THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN ONE :)
    I'd LUV LUV LUV Kiss & Hell - too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How to choose, ok Kiss and Hell by Dakota Cassidy. Cos it sounds so fun.

    Lol love that pic. And nice blog you got here

    blodeuedd1 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow - tough choice, two great authors! Would love to win Kiss and Hell by Ms. Cassidy.

    I'm a follower and posted on my sidebar:
    http://sleeplessinneworleans2.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for a great contest!
    pspinney AT cox DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have Dakota's Kiss and Hell on my tbr list and this is my first time hearing about Candace's Charmed series. They sound like fun. I wouldn't mind winning either one because I'm planning on getting them anyway.

    I'm a new follower

    && I also posted a link to this contest on my sidebar (http://creativitygone.blogspot.com)

    Thanks so much!

    mishtakes AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete