Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Snips and Clips: Farewell Melissa, Hello School

It's the first weekend of August, where has the summer escaped to already? My daughter goes back to school in just two weeks which means I can resume a proper writing schedule again. Not that I am knocking the summer writing schedule, I got a lot done. But I am definitely looking forward to eight hours a day devoted to regular writing both my freelance and my fiction.

Full Time Author

I am working towards the day that I can call myself a full time author, on the other hand, I enjoy my freelance work as well. I get to write about soap operas and science fiction, two subjects with which I am intimately acquainted with in my writing.

One of the great things about the return to school is the return to routine. I rise early by habit (around 5 a.m.) and I'll write for an hour while I drink coffee. Then I'll get my daughter up, feed her breakfast and pack her lunch. We leave for school by 7. I'll drop her off and then I'll go to the gym to work out. I'll return home with another cup of coffee and a hot shower to comfort me before I dive into the meat of the day. I will write between 9 and 2 each day.

I really am rather looking forward to it. I am also looking forward to the promise of cooler days (I am sick of 100+ degree weather) and I am looking forward to the guest blogs (I've invited Sapphire Blue authors to join me here this month) and to the interviews with book editors (I have a lot of questions). I think August is going to be quite a fine month.

How about you?


Send in the Clowns

What a truly magical dance for the results show, particularly since we know we're saying goodbye to the last two dancers before we reach the results show. Sadly, the dancers we say goodbye to this week are the reasons I have watched so avidly week after week this season. Melissa and Ade were true magic in motion.




One

This is from last week, but I really enjoyed this number!

1 comment:

  1. Hi :)
    Thanks for sharing.
    I think August will be a great month too.
    Is your daughter looking forward to going back to school? I know mine are, to see their friends mainly.
    Wishing you and yours all the best,
    twitter.com/RKCharron
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete