Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Romance, Laughter and Debra Kayn

Romance and laughter…do they go together? Sure they do. I think this goes along the lines of being attracted to people with a great personality. We are drawn to someone who has a happy demeanor and can find joy in life where they let themselves go and laugh. Best of all, I love when a person has the ability to laugh at themselves. It takes a strong person to take an embarrassing situation and laugh about it. Times like that we find the person endearing, innocent of life’s cruelness, and most of all…human.

Margarine Butter, the main character in my book, Biker Babe in Black, is a woman who can laugh at herself. Good thing too, because with a name like that, she’s heard all the jokes. Top that off with a life long stream of bad luck, she’s either going to have to give up and cry or kick ass and laugh.

Business conglomerate, Remy Montgomery, needs some laughter in his life. He’s used to board meetings, high society parties, and women throwing themselves at him. When he meets Margarine, she brings a breath of fresh air into his life. Her carefree manners and innocence endears her to him.

Some of my favorite books are those that make me laugh. Long after the book is shelved, I still remember the character and why I fell in love with him/her. If you are the type of person who loves to laugh, I’d love for you to check out my book, Biker Babe in Black. This is the first book of the series, The Chromes and Wheels Gang. You won’t have to wait too long for Book Two, Ride Free, it is also coming soon at Red Rose Publishing.

Visit Debra Kayn at her own blog and website.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me here today. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Kick ass and laugh"
    That's why you're one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love women who can laugh at themselves! I geek out all the time and love that about myself - I live to laugh!

    I'l headed over to check out the website and blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa- And, you are one of my faves for the same reason! lol

    CheekyGirl- I love it! You've got it going...and I think people in general are attracted to those who do laugh. Life is way too short to take things seriously. ;-)

    ReplyDelete