Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Snips and Clips: Emmys, Ritas and More

Dr Horrible wins Emmy for Short-format Live-Action Special Class. Nathan Fillion was tweeting away and posting pics like this one to the right. Always a fun thing to see for the fans!

I have to confess, I've never actually seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog. I've heard tremendous things about it, but it's just never been my cup of tea. Now, being a fan of Mr. Fillion and Mr. Whedon, I shall surely check this out at some point.

I rather hope after looking at the picture to the right that Mr. Fillion gets another Emmy someday. He's such a talented actor and I say that as someone who's enjoyed his work since his days on One Life to Live.

Rosemary Clement Moore and The Splendor Falls

Headed out to the mid-cities with friends of DFWTea and Fresh Fiction to enjoy an afternoon of chatting about books, authors, television shows (hello The Vampire Diaries) and also to attend a book signing at the Barnes and Noble. Local author Rosemary Clement Moore was signing her latest book The Splendor Falls.

Rosemary won a Rita for her Hell Week books. She had the Rita proudly on display and she really is quite lovely to look at. The neat thing for me was not only meeting a new author who's going to be featured in an interview here in October, but also getting the opportunity to meet new worlds and new characters. I made sure to pick up the first Hell Week after giggling at the blurb on the back. If you haven't had a chance to check out these books out. Also, keep an eye out for the giveaway of The Splendor Falls in October.

Percy Jackson and the New Olympians

I've been listening to Rick Riordan's book on iPhone because work has me commuting nearly two hours every day. I have to say, I've really, really enjoyed this book. Did you know that Riordan finished this book in the early 90s and it was a long and spotty road to getting the book published? For parents out there, this is a wonderful urban fantasy for kids to read - I love the use of Greek mythology. Definitely need to borrow the rest of the series from my nephew (I gave them to him last year.)

Supernatural

The return of Supernatural on Thursday was so worth the wait. I enjoyed the interaction between Sam and Dean. But what I enjoyed even more was the attention to detail that Kripke is paying with his reminders that Lucifer is an angel, not a demon. He needed the permission of his vessel unlike all of his minions, he could not force a possession. That was elegantly done. This season is packed full of potential. Don't forget that we're having a giveaway of season one in a couple of weeks, just check out on Supernatural: Back in Black for the rules.

True Blood

Tonight is the True Blood season finale. Will Mary Ann get her comeuppance? Will Sam survive? Will Jason be the hero? Will Bill and Eric stop strutting at each other long enough to be really effective? What will happen? I for one, can hardly wait!

Spotlight On ... Cover Artists

Be sure to check back this week as we turn out Spotlight On cover artists: Judy York, Dan Dos Santos, Kendra Egert and Sherin Nicole. It's a great week packed with artistic insights and some absolutely stunning examples of beauty. I hope you enjoy the interviews as much as I do.

Prime Evil: The Edits

I am nearly done with the first round of edits from the publisher. I will be sending Prime Evil off later today, so I should have a release date for you soon.

What are you up to this Sunday?

2 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    Thank you for a great post Heather.
    I just plan on spending time with my son before he has to back home.
    Then writing.
    :)
    All the best,
    @RKCharron
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You SO have to watch Dr. Horrible, Heather! I can't even begin to explain how good it is!

    ReplyDelete