Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Snips and Clips: They're Here!

Well, not quite, but in just a couple of days, The CW will kick off the Fall television season with some suds as they launch 90210's second season, the rebooted Melrose Place's first and more. Then Wednesday, here comes So You Think You Can Dance. The main event is on Thursday as we watch Stefan and Damon butt heads over Elena on The Vampire Diaries and our favorite Winchesters brace for armageddon. The week's temperatures just keep soaring because next Sunday is the season finale of True Blood and then more shows come back like Bones, House, Castle, Smallville, Grey's Anatomy and ...

My name is Heather Long and I'm a television junky.

I love this time of year. I love the going back to school, the busy events, the constant TIVOing and catching up on shows over the weekend or staying up late to watch what was TIVO'd in the bedroom while watching in the living room. Some shows will stay and some will go. I have a rule, I give a show four episodes to hook me after that, they are out of here. So who will make the cut? We'll have to wait and see!

In the meanwhile, I don't get to watch any of it if I don't get the Prime Evil edits done, so I'll be really drilling down on that this week.

Contests

Lots of different contests going on so don't forget about these: Charmed and Demonic lets you enter to win a book by Candace Havens and/or Dakota Cassidy. That contest ends this Thursday.

Also, throughout the month of September anyone who comments on any blog is automatically entered into a contest to win a Daily Dose mug. You can see the design on the left. Feel free to buy one if you like.

We'll be launching another contest on Thursday to win the first season of Supernatural! And I have even more giveaways in the coming weeks, so be sure to check back in for those.

Guest Blogs

I've got most of my guest blog slots filled for the end of the month so Happy Anniversary to me and thank you to everyone who is taking the time to participate!

By the way, I was guest blogging over at Cheeky Reads this week about my passion for stolen moments and short affairs. So go check that out if you haven't.

Spotlight On

We're doing out Spotlight On cover artists next week and we're talking to Judy York, Dan Dos Santos, Sherin Nicole and Kendra Egert. That should be lots and lots of fun. I'm going to see if I can tickle me some literary agents into a trick or treat for October, so wish me luck!

Hope you're having a great Labor Day weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    Thanks for the post, Heather.
    I am looking forward to many of those shows.
    I could use more True Blood though.
    :)
    All the best,
    RKCharron
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am definitely looking forward to more True Blood. But with some series, less is more. I like that they don't try to pad out the stories, so that what we get in those 12 to 13 (with no commercials) is the prime cut.

    ReplyDelete