Thursday, September 10, 2009

Supernatural is Back in Black

Break out the beer, Supernatural debuts for its fifth and reportedly final season tonight at 9 EST on the CW. When we last saw the Winchesters all hell was breaking loose, literally, as Lilith died, Dean finally got to take out Ruby and Lucifer rose.

Crystal Rain Love, author of The Fire Still Burns and Moonlight Dreams counted down the days to Supernatural's return. She describes Dean Winchester as the perfect romance novel hero. "A bad boy with a heart of gold, a tortured hero you want to hold, even if you have to go to hell with him to do so. He's shown as a womanizer, but there's something about him that lets u know once he finds his soulmate, he'll be eternally faithful."

Dark angels and Winchester boys is a heady combination for some fans, among them Rachel Caine, author of the Morganville Vampires, Weather Warden and many other projects is looking forward to tonight's return. "I adore Supernatural. Hmmm, I think what I've loved lately is the great, dark take on angels. And Padalecki. And Ackles."

Tune in an hour early and check out the new Vampire Diaries series that is taking over Smallville's old timeslot. The series is based on LJ Smith's really great books of the same name. Teenagers, angst and vampires are definitely back in these days.

To celebrate the return of Supernatural for its fifth and perhaps final season, the Daily Dose is going to give away one free copy of Season One of Supernatural on DVD. That's right, the first full season of the Winchesters with Dean, Sammy and Dad. Season one introduces John and Mary Winchester with their boys in the early 80s living a seemingly idyllic life until a demon pins mom to the ceiling, disembowels her and then bursts her into flames. Thus beginning a vendetta that will consume John Winchester and by extension both of his sons as they become Hunters.

So, how do you win this first season? Here are the ways you can enter:

+1 Leave a comment to this blog detailing what you are looking forward to most in the fifth season or any season of the Winchesters.
+2 Follow this blog or leave me a note saying you already follow.
+3 Post a link to this contest on your blog and let me know where to find it in a comment.

That's six possible chances for one really incredible season. The winner will be announced September 24th before I go on vacation. So be sure to enter.

Oh and speaking of winners

Winners of our Snips and Clips: Charmed and Demonic

Winner of Dakota Cassidy's Kiss and Hell: Wendy!

Winner of Candace Havens' Charmed and Dangerous: SaturnMoonie!

Congratulations to both! I'll be in touch shortly to get your books sent out to you.

11 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    I love Supernatural too.
    I am hoping that the rumor of a movie after Season Five is true.
    Looking forward to the premier of Season 5 tonight. Lucifer rises. Yay!
    The best part is the surprises Supernatural gives.
    I NEVER expected the endings of each season but they left me excited and wanting more.
    :)
    Thanks for sharing Heather,
    @RKCharron
    xoxo
    PS - I am, and will always be, a Member of your site. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes kept hanging on the words: fifth and final season, nonononono, please no final season!!!! I have Jared as my hunk of the week in honor of Supernatural at TDD and the pic links back to your blog. I follow and will have a link back to this post in my contest section (sidebar)

    Now I clearly remember when Supernatural grabbed my attention. No it was not Jared or Dean at that time but the preview airing on my local tv station where their mother gets burned at the ceiling. Really, it freaked me out and was a heart-in-throat moment for me. I instantly wanted to know more and tuned in on Sunday, 10.30 at night. The vibe was no Charmed or Buffy, somehow it felt meatier. Like I could really sink my teeth in the mystery of it all and I loved the dangerous vibe it created, the brothers instantly had my love.

    Anway, love to share the love for Supernatural and off to give my shout out Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can't be the final season! No more DEAN?! OMG.

    And holy crap, I WON?! Yes! Thank you! I'll wait for your email. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I am such a FAN!!! Why does it have to end?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Wendy! Will send email by weekend, I promise! Loved Supernatural tonight. It was so totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Heather.

    I heard contest and I came a running!

    I already follow your blog, of course.

    As for what I look forward...well...I don't actually watch Supernatural. Hehe. Lemme explain...

    I have an addictive personality (ask Lisa) and I used to be BIG on tv. So now I try not to watch new shows unless someone I know and love is in them (ahem..BONES). So when Supernatural came on, I did not watch it.

    Then I met Rain, and she introduced me to the yummy-ness that is Jensen Ackles. Well! I soooo wanted to watch Supernatural then! But I didn't want to start half way through the show, so I need to start at the beginning...right?

    So you see, I need the first season...so I can start...and then I'll get hooked, I'm sure! :D

    Ok, that's it! The end! :) :) :) :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard from several people this is a series worth watching and then I had the good fortune to meet you at Rosemary's book signing yesterday, so I think some Supernatural is in my future. :)

    Thanks for the info about this contest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great giveaway! I'm already a follower :)

    I watched a few shows in the first season but for some reason could never continue watching. I think gym time maybe? I catch it every now and then, but I'm confused since I missed so much! Def. need to start from beginning!

    I'm most looking forward to the eye candy and also learning more about the demons - the few episodes I watched didn't even touch on that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just started watching season 2 last night--haven't seen any of the other seasons (aaack! couldn't find season 1 locally!). Love some of the character stuff between Sam and Dean (Sam's clown issues and Dean's girl issues and the attitude they throw each other--good stuff).

    I'll post a link later today to this at my blog (in the blog body itself, so http://13toLife.us/blog ). And I'll sign on to follow as soon as I've got my son on the bus.

    Great contest--great series!
    ~Shannon Reinbold-Gee
    Author of the 13 to Life series (launching June 2010) from St. Martin's Press
    Teenage Love, Loss, and--oh, yeah--Werewolves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since its the last season,I'd like the Winchester boys to kick Satan's ass and send him and all his minions back to hell..along the way find women who can put up with them :)


    I'm now a follower
    elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  11. new follwer, joinin twiter\\


    loveeeeeeeeeeee dean, he is soooooo hotttt

    ReplyDelete