In lieu of our traditional Sunday Snips and Clips feature, welcome to another holiday blog giveaway. Today, I am offering Joss Whedon, The Genius Behind Buffy by Candace Havens. You may have read Candace’s books featuring Bronwyn the witch or the Carruthers sister, but this is a totally different kind of book.
Candy takes you in depth with the genius mind that created Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly and Dollhouse. His creativity is a modern day legend, creating rabid fan bases wherever he goes. The man’s comprehension of zeitgeist and pop culture is unmatched. It is a great way to dig deep and get to know him better.
As any fan of Buffy knows, Joss loves anguish. Each season the characters suffer from traumas of every kind, from impossible love to hopeless addiction. The majority of Whedon’s characters come from unhappy or broken homes. Buffy’s father left, not even returning at her mother’s death. Angel’s father was demeaning and cruel. Xander’s household was a drunken brawl while Willow’s mother was cool and aloof.
So what was Joss’s childhood like? Was it terribly traumatic? Was he beaten and tortured? Did his parents lock him in his room where his lonely mind began to generate the fantasies that would some day make him famous?
Autographed Book and Photo
Just to add a little icing to this holiday giveaway, the book is autographed by the author and I am including an autographed photo of James Marsters! So our Sunday holiday giveaway includes this fantastic, fun and interesting look into Joss Whedon’s mind (autographed!) and a simply sexy picture of Spike. What more could you ask for?
Oh, the rules!
1. You comment on the blog in order to be entered into the drawing.
2. You must include whom you want to give the gift too. You do not have to name names or post their email information, just a short blurb about what they mean to you or why it’s important they receive it. You can be a real secret Santa as well.
3. Each drawing will last 24 hours unless otherwise noted. (7 a.m. to 7 a.m. CST)
4. Winners will be notified by email so make sure I have that or access to it via your profile. Upon notification, you let me know whom the gift is going to.
5. You may only win one giveaway, once you win one you cannot enter into anymore.
6. Spread the holiday cheer for everyone celebrating Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Yule, Christmas and more.
Let Candace Havens, Joss Whedon, James Marsters and the Daily Dose be a part of your holiday plans and enter to win this gift for someone you love. Entries close at 7 a.m. Central on Monday, November 30.