Friday, November 6, 2009

In Honor: Ft. Hood and Beyond


Give blood at your local chapters to help out the victims of tragedy and disaster throughout our nation. This morning, I will be donating blood in honor of the victims of Ft. Hood, but I am going to make a commitment to donating more often than once or twice a year or during a disaster. My heart goes out to the families and friends of those affected by the tragedy.

As a friend reminded me last night, more than these have died so that I can go to book club night with my daughter and be safe within our borders. More than these still serve our country, our communities and our families.

You have heard that it takes a community to raise a child, it takes a community to care for every individual member. I invite you to be a part of our national community here in the United States and aboard.

Donate blood.

Donate time.

Donate a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment