Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Heart-to-Heart: Cat Johnson

Hello Daily Dosers and our lovely hostess Heather. Thanks for having me. I’m author Cat Johnson and my story Private Lies is part of All Romance eBooks’ 28 Days of Heart series which benefits the American Heart Association. I was also lucky enough to be involved on the other side of the action, working with the staff at ARe to coordinate the project. It has been amazingly fulfilling, which makes it very easy to gush about the project here today! Below is a little about me, the project, my story, and just stuff in general.

What is the most romantic thing that you've ever done?
This is a total sappy movie moment, but it was when I got off a plane and saw my boyfriend waiting for me at the gate. I was so excited and happy to see him that I ran, dropped my carryon, jumped up and wrapped my arms and legs around him. The romantic part was that I wasn’t even aware I’d done that until after all the hugging and kissing when I discovered I had to put my feet back on the ground to stand. I was oblivious because I was so consumed by just being in his arms. Okay, I know, sappy. I warned you!

What type of movies make you cry? When was the last time you cried in a movie?
I’ll cry just as quickly over a happy ending as I will over a sad one. I think the last movie that made me cry was “The Blind Side” with Sandra Bullock. The very end when they show pictures of the real people the story was written about made me cry because it was so touching and such a happy ending. I also think I teared up during “Julie and Julia”; the scene when Julia Child finally gets her book published. Yeah, I know, I’m a sap.

Share a little about why you chose to participate in 28 Days of the Heart.
I’ve found in my life that although I don’t have a ton of money to donate to worthy causes, I do have other things I can do. I’ve donated my time, and also my services as a harpist, to various charitable organizations, and I’ve donated my writing. It’s the least I can do.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating this story?
Supporting the American Heart Association was the main reason for my submitting the story, but what I didn’t realize, what was a total surprise, was how much I’d get out of it myself. The way the romance community has risen in support of this project is absolutely amazing and makes me proud to be a part of it. (Damn, I’m tearing up. Told you I was a sap!)

Are your characters inspired by real people or events?
I probably shouldn’t say this because no one character in Private Liesis actually based on a real person, but the entire setting is taken from my experiences. I put myself through college tending bar at a country club in Westchester County, on top of waiting tables at a few other upscale clubs in the area, so I was well versed in the country club scene but from the inside (where all the good stuff is! LOL). So yeah, Private Lies has a lot of truth in it, mixed with the fiction. It’s up to you to figure out which is which.

It was fun writing Private Lies about that time in my life. Lately I’ve been so engrossed in writing my military romance and cowboy romance for Samhain Publishing that it’s all research and fact checking, but this story was just from me.

Private Lies
Sex. Lies. It's all in a day's work.

Jax Monroe is ready to swear off both sex and men forever. Then she meets the new hot bartender Shane Reynolds and the only thing she can think about is sex and him.

Why not have a little fun? After all, she deserves it, and Shane proves he can provide what she needs. Only Jax doesn’t realize something. Shane the sexy barman is far more than just the stud he appears to be.

Cat Johnson

February is going to be a busy month and I’m sure I’ll be all over the web promoting because Bucked (Studs in Spurs, Book 2) releases just days before Private Lies. That’s okay, I like busy! Hope to see you all around the web and thanks for stopping by.

Cat

You can check out all of Cat's books at her website Or you can find her on Twitter and at both Facebook and Myspace.



No comments:

Post a Comment