Thursday, February 18, 2010

Heart-to-Heart: Cornelia Amiri

My name is Cornelia Amiri. I write Celtic/Romances about long swords, hot heroes, and warrior women. My 28 Days of Heart story, Timeless Voyage, is set in 1st century AD Ireland. It’s a tale of a love so strong it’s not bound by the limits of time.

What type of movies make you cry? When was the last time you cried in a movie?
Movies that make me cry focus on a relationship with characters and events that are strong and believable to me. I feel what the characters feel so when they laugh, I laugh, and when they cry, I cry. The last movie I cried at was Away We Go. It’s great.



If could live in any century previous to the 20th, what century would it be and why?
First century AD, the Iron Age era, in Wales, Ireland or Scotland. It is my favorite historical time and place. I write about it quite a lot. It’s the time period that Timeless Voyage is set in.

Share a little about why you chose to participate in 28 Days of the Heart.
I was thrilled to submit a story to help the AHA as I have been struggling with weight and high blood pressure since my mid-forties. I am personally grateful to the American Heart Associations’ commitment to encourage me and others to realize the importance of heart-healthy habits such as eating better and getting more exercise. The AHA also funds research for advances in curing heart disease, which is the number one killer of women in the U.S. The AHA really does save lives everyday.

Are your characters inspired by real people or events?
Some of my characters are completely made up, some are real historical characters, some are fiction but based on people I know, I draw from the character qualities of friends and sometimes the personality traits of my bad guys are from people who really made me mad.

Reading romance reduces stress and can help relax you from your worries. Do you feel that writing romance helps you cope with your own worries and stress?
I believe when you write or engage in any creative activity your draw the creativity from you soul, you connect with what’s deep down inside you. I find that very relaxing and also it grounds me. I think creating conflict for the characters and having them resolve it for the happy ever after helps me deal with my own worries and conflicts that life creates. Also in writing I visit the places and people that I create and it gives my mind a mini vacation, it takes me away from my real life, and I hope my stories do the same for my readers.

Timeless Voyage
Off the mist-shrouded coast of Ireland, a pagan lady-pirate, Anwen, captures the enemy, a Roman, Titus Rufius Kaeso. The Celtic warrior woman presses her hard iron dagger against Kaeso’s throat, but her arm does not obey the will to slay him. From time out of mind, memories of fated lovers, druids, and sacrifice, stay her hand. Kaeso is also captivated by dreams of the woman he loved in a previous life, the mirror image of Anwen. But in this lifetime they are foes, Roman and Celt. Can Anwen and Kaeso steer their timeless voyage to a happy destiny or will they be robbed of love once more?

Keep Up with Cornelia

My Celtic/Comedy/Paranormal/Romance, A Fine Cauldron of Fish is also available at All Romance Ebooks. My other Celtic/Paranormal/Romance books Queen of Kings, Druid Quest, Vixen Princess, The Fox Prince, Danger Is Sweet, and One Heart One Way are available at Amazon, Fictionwise, and Barnes and Nobles online.

Keep up with Cornelia Amiri at her website




5 comments:

  1. This is Cornelia Amiri, I'm so glad to be here today. Please feel free to post comments or questions and I'll be happy to reply. Also if you would like a goodie bag including a Timeless Voyage postcard just email me at CelticRomanceQueen@gmail.com with goodie in the subject line. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems to be slanted to writers and I am a reader, so I will just say, "Hi!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's really wonderful you chose to write for AHA--and I totally agree that the creative process is and should be a spiritually calming habit. Your new book sounds really intriguing...I love pirates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gladys,

    No, it's for readers. If you have any reader questions just post them or email me, Cornelia Amiri, at CelticRomanceQueen@gmail.com and if I'll be glad to send you a goodie bag if you want one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Danielle. Thanks of stopping by and posting. I appreciate it.

    Thanks,

    Cornelia Amiri

    ReplyDelete