Saturday, February 13, 2010

Laughter is the Best Romance

Welcome to the Valentine's Day Blog Tour 2010! I hope you enjoyed stopping by Mariana Blaser's blog and I'm delighted to have you here today. I wanted to take this time to talk to you about laughter.

Laughter is infectious. Giggles are contagious. Who doesn't crack a smile when they hear a baby chortle? When you see a man and woman grinning at each other? Or even better, when the chuckles are popping and crackling the air between them. Romance may sizzle, but laughter kindles the heat, the heart and the soul.

Healthy Heart

The romantic comedy is a popular medium for romance in the theater, on television or in novels. Who doesn't adore the couple that makes you smile or makes you laugh aloud? Sure, angst has its place, but without laughter – who could enjoy a romance that only ends in tears? From the psychological viewpoint, laughter is extremely healthy.

Laugher releases endorphins into the body and the brain. Good humor relaxes you, eases your stress, boosts your immune system and increases your level of happiness. When you laugh at a joke, a photograph or a moment, you let go of all your pain and anxiety and feel profound relief. Look at this photo:



Do your eyes light up? Do you feel a grin tugging at the corners of your mouth? Are you snickering?

I bet you feel better.

If you send this blog to someone else or tell them to check out the image, you will enjoy their laughter at it as well. When you share laughter, it binds you. When you share happiness, you share intimacy and you weave together ties that will keep you together. Laughter is a domino effect in life and in love.

Laughter and Love

Laughter is the most powerful aphrodisiac when you are making love or making dinner. In writing, as in life, I look for the laughter that comes hand in hand with the love. The best couples are the ones who not only make me laugh, but manage to amuse each other. In the darkest times, you can remember a moment of laughter and smile. When you think of the people in your life, you think of the good and the bad, but I bet the ones that make you laugh are the ones you think of first.

Laughter is intimacy. It is organic. It is natural. It is almost better than sex.

So this Valentine's Day, I wish to emphasize the Happy part of the Happy Valentine's Day. Remember to laugh and to share that laughter. Find the funny in every moment that you can and treasure it like a charm against the dark places in life. Laughter is the most inexpensive medicine we can give ourselves and while we may not end up having a tea party on the ceiling, try to carry this thought in your heart: "I love to laugh – loud and long and clear."

Share that laughter with the ones you love. Give the gift of humor and invite others to burst, cachinnate, cackle, chortle, chuckle, cluck, convulse, crack up, crow, die laughing, fracture, giggle, grin, guffaw, howl, roar, roll in the aisles, scream, shriek, snicker, snigger, snort, split your sides, teehee, titter, whoop, or be in stitches right alongside you.

Happy Valentine's Day and thanks for stopping by the Daily Dose on the Valentine's Day Blog Tour 2010, I hope you spread the laughter forward wherever you go.

Your next stop: The Art of Writing In The Rain


6 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines to you too!!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more, though you must be careful when laughing in the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well -- laughing in the bedroom can be great fun as long as you are laughing together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog Heather!

    I'm glad we're all participating of this blog tour as I got to know another fantasy lover as yourself. :)

    In general I'm more for the angst part (in my writing, mind), but I agree with you that laugher is one of the best things in life. (although not better than sex, heh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more with your philosophy about laughter - it is powerful! Vital! GREAT post, Heather, and thank you so much for participating in my V-Day Blog Tour. :)

    As a thank you to all the bloggers, I'm offering to send a quartz crystal - because, as you know, I am all about positive energy. :)

    If you'd like one, please DM or privately message me a postal address and I'll send one out. :)

    Moonbeams and Luv ~
    Jo Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the smile and the chuckle. I definitely needed it.

    ReplyDelete