Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Audio Books for iPod: One for the Road

Friday, my daughter and I are getting on the road for our Spring Break exodus to the capitol. The trip will be half for fun and half for research. As you may know, Prime Evil is set in Northern Virginia. My current WIP, which continues the adventures of Chance Monroe also take place in the state. Since I moved away more than five years ago, I wanted to get back to the roots of the tale. In the meanwhile, the road trip means the kiddo and I need audio books for iPod.

Road Trip Audio Books for iPod

As you may recall last year, Harry Dresden broke my CD player in the car and I've not had the chance to replace it yet. So for the road trip, the daughter and I have been debating what audio books will make it on the iPod so that we can both listen and enjoy. We could definitely use your help in narrowing it down, so we're looking for any suggestions and ideas you may have. In the running are:



  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

  • Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

  • Prom Dates from Hell by Rosemary Clement-Moore

  • Boys are Dogs, by Leslie Margolis

  • Bloody Jack, Being an Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary “Jacky” Faber, Ship's Boy, by L.A. Meyer

  • Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series, by Michelle Paver

  • Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

  • The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot

  • Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce

  • Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery



As you can see, we have a wide range of fantasy to classic to modern day fairy tale. I can listen to just about anything. If you have any suggestions or recommendations, I'd love to hear them. Just remember that the kiddo is a girl, almost 10 and loves Harry Potter, Rick Riordan, Magic Tree House and How to Train Your Dragon currently.

Would love to go with Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn, but that's not out until we're already on the road.

Thanks in advance!


2 comments:

  1. I am listening to the Percy Jackson series in my car now for my commutes to school. I love audiobooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cait! We loved the Percy Jackson books, but we've both read all the way through the series, so looking for something new!

    ReplyDelete