Monday, June 21, 2010

Beautifully Broken

I could have lived my whole life without the horrific opening moments of Bill Compton holding that bloodied wolf ear in his mouth. Can you say ewww? And note to Russell, King of Mississippi (dude that never stops being funny) needs to learn how to issue an invitation. Of course, Bill's not a guest. He's a captive.

Last night's episode delivered a much more even episode than last week's premiere with stellar moments including Franklin Mott's introduction, meeting Lafayette's mother and Eric and Sookie's interactions just to name a few. I adore Alfre Woodard and the scene she shared with Nelsan Ellis and Rutina Wesley was outstanding. I have to say, one of Alan Ball's absolute best creative decisions was to keep Lafayette alive after the first season.


They Said What?
Alan Ball's dialogue rocks and there were just so many fine moments last night.


  • "Let's go to the ladies' room and stare at ourselves in the mirror." -Pam
  • "…you are likely to run through the streets screaming werewolf bait." - Eric
  • "I think about crying children with soggy diapers and also maggots." – Pam in response to Jessica's question about how she stops feeding.
  • "Bill Compton is no Godric!" – Eric
  • "Please don't do that. It makes me feel disturbingly human." – Eric to Sookie when she starts to cry.
  • "Bigfoot is he real too? Santa?" – Jason on learning about werewolves
  • "Jason. Focus." – Sookie
  • "Which is it? Don't move or get out of the car." – Sam
  • "I've always liked you. I would miss you if you got killed. Just so you know." – Terry
  • "Excuse me gentlemen, I need to drain the second course." – Russell's squeeze
  • "You're prettier than most girls." – Andy to Jason
  • "You're going to invite me in so I can protect you or have passionate primal sex with you – how about both?" – Eric
  • "I have a diploma from anger management where I learned that talking about your feelings is a manly thing to do." – Terry

Funniest Moment All Night
"I keep expecting Bill to walk through that door and say, Sookie!" Kudos to Anna Paquin for nailing fiancé Stephen Moyer's voice.

Creepiest Moment
Franklin searched Bill's house and finding his serial killer wall of death stalk box of Sookie and her family tree.

Off the Wall Moments
Jessica dealing with her corpse and finally heading out to get a chainsaw.

Powerhouse Scene
Lafayette informing Tara that her ass will be planted in the room next to his mother if she tries anything like killing herself again.

What was your favorite part of Beautifully Broken?

1 comment:

  1. LMAO I didn't read this until I had a chance to watch True Blood this morning and I think I texted you about half those lines as I was watching! I also liked Terry's "Number three, I ain't never killed nothin' by accident".

    LOVED Paquin's Moyer impersonation - it slayed me!

    ReplyDelete