Tuesday, June 8, 2010

We're Back Baby!

First up, thanks for all the inquiries into how this project was proceeding. I honestly didn't expect two weeks to go before I got back on track with the posts, but I'll reveal a little secret – planning to write a book in 10 days should not occur when everything around you is transitioning from the end of the school year to summer schedules. I've spent more time running, adjusting and balancing than anything else.

But enough about that, let's talk writing.

Book Progress

At the end of the initial 10 days, I was only about halfway through the book. I call that an accomplishment because:

  • I wrote every day.
  • This is a whole new genre for me and it was fun.
  • See above about juggling the transitioning schedules.

I'll be hosting another Write a Book in 10 Days at the beginning of July. So get ready for that. I'll share all the tips and tricks and things I learned this time around and we're going to get those fingers churning. In the meanwhile, we've got a lot to chat about here in the Daily Dose over the next couple of weeks including:

  • A new CW series called Nikita
  • A new werewolf book called 13 to Life
  • A returning vampire series called True Blood
  • And much, much more

Let me leave you with a little blurb for the book to give you a taste of what I've been working on:


Bal des Sauvages

Diana Kant likes to win. She has made a career out of taking the hardest-to-obtain from the best, thriving on the competition. But when a high tech camera captures her red-handed in the act, she has only two choices – put back the priceless mask or cut her losses and most of her savings and run – she's not the running kind.

Maxwell Sauvage loves the game. He has made a hobby out of pursuing the hardest to obtain from the best and pursued this vixen from continent to continent. On a fateful New Year's Eve, Diana strolls right into his arms at the ambassador's dinner party, he has only two choices – help her or cut his losses – he is not the cutting kind.

One stolen mask and years of game play come to head as Max makes his move. Diana thinks she has it all under control until she realizes that the biggest game of all is Max himself. Max knows he has it under control, but Diana takes the game to no limits and he realizes that winning may not be everything.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are working on a pretty cool book.

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Can't wait for the rest.

    ReplyDelete