Mini me loves it. The Summoning is about a girl named Chloe Saunders who was going to acting school, but as it turns out she is a necromancer who can see the dead, contact the dead and accidentally raises the dead. Before she can figure out what is happening, she is sent to Lyle House where she befriends other teens. One of them is Simon. Simon shows her that he is a sorcerer. Simon's foster brother Derek has super strength. Tori is a little on edge because her best friend was taken away. She and Chloe don't get along at first, but they eventually become friends.
The story is funny, scary and full of drama. It's at the top of her must-read list.
The Summoning is the first of a trilogy of novels following Chloe Saunders including:
|Oh My Gods!|
Meet Phoebe, a girl who seems to be a descendant of the Greek gods even though she doesn't know it. Her dad died and her mom planned to marry a Greek man named Damien. Phoebe and her mother move to Greece to Damien's island school on Serfopoula where she meets his daughter, Stella. Stella and Phoebe do not always get along, but when Phoebe starts attending the island's academy she bonds with Nicole and Troy.
The story is funny, dramatic and a good time. It's not scary though, but she laughed a lot all the way through it.
Tera Lynn Childs wrote a second novel in this series entitled Goddess Boot Camp.
The Happy Birthday Daily Dose Holiday Giveaway
in honor of the mini-me's tenth birthday, we are offering a copy of The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong and Oh My Gods by Tera Lynn Childs to the reader of your choice.
Now for the rules:
Holiday Giveaway Rules
For a chance to win:
1. Nominate the person you want to send that day’s gift to and a short reason as to why.
2. For an extra entry, spread the word about this giveaway: Blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc. - leave a link in the comments.
3. Leave your email with your comment ONLY IF it is NOT part of your profile.
4. This giveaway is open to everyone for nominations, however you cannot enter yourself.
5. You may only win one gift to send.
6. Giveaways begin November 28 and run through December 21.
Don't forget The Vampire Diaries giveaway is open until tomorrow, December 1st at midnight. The Mini-Me's holiday giveaway will be open until Friday December 3rd with the winner drawn on December 4th!