Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thankful for Readers

I have spent a lot of time, sharing what I love in this blog whether it’s an author, a television show, a character or even a piece of music. As we prepare for Thanksgiving this week, I wanted to take a moment to thank some very special people in my life: the readers.


Books that Bite

At my local bookstore there is a terrific group of readers who meet twice a month, they call themselves the Books that Bite Bookclub. This is a fantastic group of women (and some men) who enjoy paranormals and share that love with every book they read, recommend or discuss. I was very fortunate to be invited to visit their group last June and I’ve just never left.

The group is comprised of a wide variety of people, some who were friends before the bookclub and others who became friends because of the book club. They’ve introduced me to a wonderful group of authors, some I’d intended to read and others I might not have without their endorsement. They have always made me feel welcome and I truly enjoy them. From the crazy comments to the desire to read the last chapter, each and every one of these women (and some men) holds a special place in my heart.

Readers ‘n’ Ritas

Last week, I attended the second annual Readers ‘n’ Ritas conference. The atmosphere was cheerful, fun and relaxed. It was a chance for readers to hang out with some of their favorite authors from Sherrilyn Kenyon to Diana Love to Dakota Cassidy to Michele Bardsley, Louisa Edwards, Laura Griffin, Nikki Duncan and more. I met authors I’d not been introduced to previously, notably Ann Agguire, Jade Lee (she’s a total riot!) Sharon Ashwood and Mari Mancusi. I picked up lots of new books and book recommendations for my mini-me and I met even more fabulous readers both locally and from across the nation.

One stand out couple was celebrating their wedding anniversary for the conference. Still others drove in from Colorado or flew in from Virginia, Wisconsin, Minnesota and more. It was a weekend populated with laughter, good books and great conversation.

So today, I am thankful for all the readers in my life: Amber, Patti, Lisa, Linda, Lynn, Heather, Kristi, Jeannie and so many more than I can list here. One of the reasons I write, is for all of you who do read and it’s important to remember just how much I enjoy knowing all of you.

2 comments:

  1. Awww Heather that is totally awesome! I loved that you mentioned us! I think you are pretty dang cool chick!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet message.
    It was great meeting you last week, i hope to meet up with you and the girls again soon.

    ReplyDelete