Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reading Resolution: Getting Motivated for a New Year

Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau Vampires, Book 6)
Bite Me if You Can
It's a new year and that means looking for those things that motivate you.  Motivation is what gets you going even when you don't want to.  I motivate myself in different ways, from reading books when I exercise on the recumbent bike to watching movies while I am on the treadmill. If I can combine something I love with something I need to do, it makes it that much easier to get the job done. 

Over the holidays, I found myself with time on my hands (something I just don't have a lot of the rest of the year) and I was reading books while curled up in the chair in my living room and it occurred to me just how much I loved the act of sitting there and reading.  I miss reading.  I miss it a lot.

So instead of resolving to lose weight, work out, write everyday and see my friends and family more often (all things I have been doing), I am resolving to find time to read every single day.  Even if it's just for thirty minutes before bed or an hour while I am exercising, I want to read - read, read, read!

One of the reasons I write is because I love to read.  So reading is my resolution.  I have managed to stick to it, too. It's day 6 and I've read everyday. It helps that I have a great series to kick the year off with: Lynsay Sands Argeneau Vampires. 
A Bite to Remember (Argeneau Vampires, Book 5)
A Bite to Remember


So far, I have read:




I've read them completely out of order and I don't care, because every story is just a little bit different, a little bit funny and wonderfully adorable.  Whether it was Lucian struggling to be compassionate to recently turned Leigh or Vincent teasing tough as nails Jackie or wild and impulsive Elvi driving Victor mad -- I find myself grinning from ear to ear while I am reading and eager to see what will happen next.  I finished Tall, Dark and Hungry last night and I was so delighted with Bastien's tale and watching Bastien and Terri fall in love that I couldn't help the "awwwwws" that slipped out.

Do you have a favorite Lynsay Sands couple? And what are you reading right now?

2 comments:

  1. I was just browsing my TBR shelves last night and was thinking of beginning "Bite Me If You Can". I guess now would be a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good! You'll laugh a lot -- I loved it.

    ReplyDelete