Monday, January 24, 2011

Tawny’s Top Ten Reasons to Read Romance

A special thanks to my Harlequin (& Playground) bud, Tawny Weber. Tawny graciously agreed to be my guest today and keep my focus on writing my proposal. Thanks much, Tawny. And congratulations on another great book from Harlequin Blaze!

Tawny is usually found dreaming up stories in her California home, surrounded by dogs, cats and kids. When she’s not writing hot, spicy stories for Harlequin Blaze, she’s shopping for the perfect pair of boots or drooling over Johnny Depp pictures (when her husband isn’t looking, of course). Come by and visit her at her website.


Tawny’s Top Ten Reasons to Read Romance

Years before I started writing romance, I was a voracious romance reader. It was that love of reading romances that eventually sparked the dream to write one of my own. To this day, my favorite way to relax is to curl up with a romance novel and get lost in the wonder of a fabulous story.

This got me thinking about all the reasons romance rocks (and hopefully reasons that people might be reading my books *g*) so I made my top ten list...

Tawny’s Top Ten Reasons to Read Romance

  • Happy Every After’s Rock
  • Hellooooooo... Hunky Heroes
  • We can see the world without leaving our reading-spot
  • We can travel through time in the pages of a romance
  • Did I mention hunky heroes?
  • Living out a love story as we empathize with the heroine lets us explore the wonder of falling in love
  • Romances have a message of hope, and they make us better people
  • Strong heroines teach us to be strong ourselves
  • We get to explore a plethora of job options, without having to be qualified for any of them
  • And once again, the hunky heroes! Because it’s those sexy heroes, their enticing personalities and their many... talents that we love to read about in great detail
Breaking the Rules

How about you? Why do you read romance?

To celebrate the release of BREAKING THE RULES, I’m giving away some Valentine’s treats to one Daily Dose commenter today! A hand-crafted (by me) heart-shaped tin filled with candy, and a book of the winner’s choice from my backlist!


BREAKING THE RULES BLURB:
What do you get when you mix a military hero on a mission with an independent artist hell-bent on proving something? A battle that can only be won between the sheets.

Sophia Castillo is finally calling the shots in her life, and she’s determined to stay in charge. The last thing she needs is a babysitter. Not even a babysitter as sexy as US Army Sergeant First Class and EOD Squad Leader, Maximillian St. James. But when someone is sabotaging her art gallery, she turns to Max for help. When he proves to be a challenge to her independence, she lays down their relationship rules. Hot sex, good times and a lot of laughs are all good. Anything involving their hearts is strictly off limits. Before they catch the vandal, Max and Sophia both have to decide just which rules they are willing to break, and how high a price they are willing to pay.

Be sure and check out my upcoming party!
Valentines Party! 

I’m so excited that my tenth release, BREAKING THE RULES, is on shelves now! I loved writing this story, because it focuses on something near and dear to my heart – a Military Hero (my own hero-hubby was in the Army). Even more fun was making this a Valentine’s story, complete with hearts and flowers.

To celebrate, I’m having an invitation-only Valentine’s Day Party! Including:
♥ A downloadable short story written just for this party as a door prize for everyone who attends
♥ A sexy Top Ten to wind up my Top Ten tour: Ten Tips for a Hot Valentine’s Night
♥ One lucky person will win a Valentine’s Basket!

All you have to do to join the fun is go to the Breaking the Rules Valentines Party page on my website, and RSVP!

Again, thanks to Tawny for covering for me today.


17 comments:

  1. Thanks and welcome, Tawny.

    Good luck with the blog tour. LOVE LOVE LOVE the top ten list !

    ~~Angi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list, Tawny! And LOOK at those beautiful treats you made for your Valentine's party. You rock, woman! I cannot wait to curl up with BREAKING THE RULES and another of your hunk, hunk, hunky heroes. ;o) Congratulations on your TENTH release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Tawny, what about the heroes? That's definitely a reason I love to read romance and you didn't even mention them! LOL!

    I LOVE your books. Can't wait to read this latest one. Congratulations on your new release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee. I'm with Anna. I so wish you'd mention that the hottie heroes are in romances. I mean, c'mon! What's a romance without a hottie?

    Love, love, love YOUR hottie heroes, and your books. Can't wait for #10. Grins.

    And I love the look of that Valentines prize on your website....oooh-la-la!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tawny! I agree with everyone else, I love your list! I love them for the same reasons but mainly for the Hot guys and the happy ever afters! Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading romance for all of those same reasons. They just make me happy & I think most definitely a better person.

    ladcraig at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angi, thank you so much for having me here today :-) I'm thrilled to share my Top Ten *g*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kath :-D Thanks so much - I'm so jazzed about this book (OMGOMGOMG TEN!!!) and so grateful for fab friends to celebrate it with :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anna, thank you so much - I love your books, too!!!

    and LOL on the hunk appreciation. I actually had to scroll up and read my list again, horrified that I might have forgotten one of my most favorite things... the Hunks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jeanne :-D And thank you!!!! I love those hottie hunks! It looks like thats a common theme here *ggg*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tawny: Great post! I love to read romance for the same reason I love to write it - there is so much hate and enmity in this world, you gotta remind yourself that love is more powerful. It keeps my heart in the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Tawny! Ten, eh? Congrats--can't wait for the next hot ten! ;) A very worthy list of reasons to read, and you provide them in force in your stories! Thanks for the Monday fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Alina, and thank you so much for dropping in ;-) Those happy ever afters are pretty awesome, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Robin :-)

    I hear ya!! It was definitely my love of reading romances that inspired my love of writing them, too. And what a great way to put into words that wonderful feeling of embracing the message of love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fedora :-D Hey there!!

    Yep, the big one-oh, wild huh? And thank you so so much for seeing all of those elements in my stories :-) Especially the hunk one LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anonymous (Lady Craig?) and thank you! I think anything that makes us happy is a good thing, but like you say -that message of love and happy endings does really help us be better people, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been reading romance for a lot of years. I've been married and divorced twice so I really didn't get my happily ever after, so I get that in my romance books.

    ReplyDelete