Monday, October 17, 2011

10 Things I Love About ... The Avengers

A week ago, I posted a copy of The Avengers trailer. The film opens May 4, 2012 and I am seriously pumped. The trailer offers up a hearty dish of all the things I am excited about, so I thought I would go ahead and share those here. Here's the down and dirty top ten things I love about The Avengers. Don't be shy, post your thoughts and one lucky commentator will be entered to win the Avengers film of their choice. See the bottom of the list for your choices.



My ten favorite things in no particular order:

  1. Steve Rogers (Chris Evans as Captain America) and Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man) exchange - Steve: " Big man in a suit of armor, take that away and what are you?"  Tony: "Genius billionaire philanthropist."
  2. Thor.
  3. Tony Stark and Bruce Banner (The Incredible Hulk) exchange - "Dr. Banner, your work is unparalleled. I'm a huge fan of how you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster."
  4. Thor.
  5. "There was an idea to bring together a group of remarkable people, so when we needed them they could fight the battles that we never could." Nick Fury.  "Gentlemen, what are you prepared to do?"
  6. Thor.
  7. Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner return as Black Widow and Hawkeye respectively. Loved the roles they played in Iron Man 2 and Thor.  Can't wait to see more of them.
  8. Thor.
  9. Tony Stark's understatement of the year. "I don't play well with others."
  10. Have I mentioned Thor is going to be in it?  
As a true runner up, we also have sibling rivalry gone wild with Loki (Tom Hiddleston) in the role of the villain.  I adored Hiddleston's role in Thor and can't wait to see more of him, particularly against the splash of such strong personalities as The Avengers are composed of.  Other bonuses in my list are Clark Gregg returning as the long-suffering Agent Coulson, he's always a treat, Paul Bettany as the snarky voice of Jarvis, Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts, Stellan Skarsgaard as Erik Selvig, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and the delightful Lou Ferrigno as the voice of The Hulk.  

What do you think of The Avengers?  Share your thoughts for a chance to win one of the following Avengers films (winner's pick):


"We may not be able to save the Earth, but we will damn well avenge it." - Tony Stark



3 comments:

  1. I was so excited when I heard the trailer was online!! I sooo cannot wait for this!! *bg*
    One of my favorite parts is seeing Jeremy Renner... there's just something about him *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think putting all these characters in one film is brillant and I can't wait for the movie. The mix of characters will top Xmen and that's hard to do. Sexy Thor, intriguing Tony Stark (major RDj fan)and eye melting hotness of Captain America! yum. lisagk(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contest closed, winner notified. :)

    ReplyDelete