Sunday, December 18, 2011

River Marked: Patricia Briggs

At the head of my top ten books and heroes for 2011 must be Patricia Brigg's delightful River Marked, the latest installment in the Mercedes Thompson urban fantasy series.

River Marked

Car mechanic Mercy Thompson has always known there was something different about her, and not just the way she can make a VW engine sit up and beg. Mercy is a shapeshifter, a talent she inherited from her long-gone father. She's never known any others of her kind. Until now. 

An evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River-one that her father's people may know something about. And to have any hope of surviving, Mercy and her mate, the Alpha werewolf Adam, will need their help...

This is what I said on Goodreads:

Patricia Briggs never fails to amaze and entertain me. From the first page to the last, River Marked is filled with everything Mercy and more. We've watched out little Coyote grow, fall in love and still retain that aura of Mercy that makes her Mercy. I have to say, without spoilers at all, that this book is a treasured gift to fans who have loved Mercy from the beginning and for that, I say thank you Patricia Briggs for giving me endless hours of entertainment as I read, re-read and read again. 

If you haven't read the Mercedes Thompson series, you really must!


Up next for Briggs?  

Fair Game

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with this! I loved River Marked because it had so much of Adam and Mercy together, it was awesome :)

    ReplyDelete