Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Voices in My Head Talk to Me

I know what you're thinking.  The voices in my head are talking to me and that's probably not a good thing, but I've had voices chattering away at me for years and they've all been dying to tell me their stories. Some are loud, some whisper, some butt into others stories and give advice and still others just sit there, waiting patiently for me to notice them -- my little mental wallflowers.  These little gems are often the source of the best material, but you have to let your mind get quiet for them to even attempt a conversation...

Yes, this is exactly how my brain works and people wonder why I write.  

So, what do your voices say to you?

3 comments:

  1. At the moment, mine are mostly saying, "Stop trying to learn this &%$# Scrivener program and go to bed, already!"

    Ahem.

    Most of the rest of the time, though, they are talking to me about characters and plots and all sorts of odd things.

    Or chocolate :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When they start yelling at me to walk away from a program, I usually listen because that it is shortly preceding the moment I want to bang my head on the table. Heh heh

      Delete
  2. Nipples.

    What? I like it when my brain talks about nipples. LOL

    ReplyDelete