Monday, February 13, 2012

Just Another Manic Monday...

...wish it was Sunday, ooooh, oooh, because that's my fun day, it's just another Manic Monday.   You know, there's a problem when you wake up on a rainy Monday morning and that song is already logged into your brain's soundtrack for the day.  In my defense, I've had a crazy awesome weekend and while it's true, today it's back to work on a new book, new projects and more, I'm starting the day about a thousand pounds lighter.

Completing My MBA


I've always believed in lifelong education.  I think you don't stop learning until you're dead. I teach classes. I take classes. I actually want to get my teacher's certification and stand up in front of a classroom filled with open minds and teach.  But to do all of those things, I have to keep learning.

So a little over 18 months ago, I decided to go back to school for my master's degree.  My objective was two-fold, I was working for a freelance position in marketing and I wanted a stronger grounding in the business and marketing aspects (that it helps my career as an author was a plus) and I wanted to encourage someone else to go back to school.

The second objective, at the time, was far more important than the first.  It was also successful.  This individual went back to school and completed a certification program.  They struggled with it on and off, but I was right there doing it too and that seemed to keep them motivated.  Fortunately for them (not so much for me) they finished several months ago, while I still had to push on.

Rocking the Boat


A few months ago, I described November as an extremely bipolar month for me.  I signed a number of contracts (one of those for a book releasing on Wednesday), but it was also the month that I officially separated from my husband after nearly two decades together and twelve years married.  It was a difficult month, with really high highs and some pretty narsty lows, but I made it through that and the holidays and into the new year.

I've barely had time to breathe over the last few weeks, but turning in that thesis this weekend, finishing that seemingly insurmountable task and having it done has lightened my load.  I finished my fifth 1Night Stand Always a Marine story yesterday and turned that in, I turned in Jacob's Trial, the next Forbidden Legacy on Friday and today I dive into a book that's had to sit on the back burner all month and in three weeks I get to share Brave Are the Lonely, the next Fevered Hearts book with the world.

So yes, it's just another Manic Monday, but it's going to be a great ride.

By the way, don't miss out on my blog tour, you can click the link above to see where in the world Heather is at today!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you. You've been plugging along on a rough road for years but you kept at it. You kept your eyes riveted on each and every goal that got you here. Congratulations, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your marriage. I know sometimes it's for the best, but it's still a difficult situation to go through. And I appreciate even more you taking on chapter duties on top of all your personal endeavors. May 2012 be your best year ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! It's been a bumpy ride, but sometimes those are the best and Jen, I actually love being able to give back to the Chapter. It's been a great experience for me to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huzzah! I am very impressed with all you do/did/are going to do...

    I am a bit confused though...I thought when I was Skyping with you the other night, you said your husband had come home. Did you have more than one?? :-)

    Congrats on finishing everything! I originally got my BS in Psych (double major in Theater), then went back years later to get my certification in Secondary English Education. I was amazed to find out how much I loved teaching (and that I was good at it--something I honestly hadn't expected). For a number of reasons, I never ended up having a career as a teacher, but as you know, I am still doing it anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gods no, more than one right now is a bigger headache than I need. He was dropping by to see the kiddo. And to talk.

    ReplyDelete