Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Nothing Says Love Like Puppies

It's been a crazy year so far and Sunday it got a little crazier as we added two new family members. Rescued by the Humane Society from a backyard puppy mill, I present to you Ava: a husky, American bulldog cross and Snow: an Aussie cross (I think with border collie from the look of her).

My daughter named her Snow White (Snow for short) because Snow White's hair was black as ebony.

Snow was trying to be sneaky
Ava knows she's there
Puppy kisses, chewing, yips and chasing abound.

The best part of it all though is just how exhausted Mini Me is...she slumped down next to me with a groan yesterday and said, "I don't know how I can keep up with them."

"It's only been 2 days, wait until you have to do it for 2 years."  Her eyes grew large as saucers at my advice and her voice even squawked.

"It takes them two years to get out of this stage?"

I just grinned. "Nope, it took you two years. They're only gonna take a couple three months."

Yes, I freely admit, I am enjoying watching her go crazy and loving the fact that she appreciates just a little bit more how hard it is to keep up after littles.

Fortunately, the puppies weren't even phased by the mad storms yesterday, but being stuck in a closet with them was sweet because they curled up and went to sleep.

5 comments:

  1. Now I know you're certifiable. Not much could make me start out with puppies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But they are so darn cute when they are sleeping. LOL

      Delete