Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Crazy Days, Random Thoughts and Tuesdays

I promised you a post mortem for the third season of Vampire Diaries and I haven't forgotten, I've just been a bit buried.  I have a couple of new releases coming out next week Tell It To The Marine (Always a Marine #3) and Jacob's Trial (Forbidden Legacy #2).  These books couldn't be more different, but it's those differences that excite me when I write.

Guest Blogging Away

I'm a little bit all over the place for the next few weeks, so be sure to check the "Blog Tours" page for links to where I am or where I will be.  Funnily enough, I have to check it, too.  Sad that I can get lost on the Internet superhighway!  Today, for example, I'm over at Ramblings from this Chick talking up Luke and Rebecca from Once Her Man, Always Her Man.

Big Summer Plans

Can you believe we're almost there? While it's been pretty warm here since February, we're counting down those final days to the end of the school year and the kick off to summer fun (and summer scheduling). Unfortunately, we had one of the worst aspects of summer crop up in the house last night: the summer cold.  My mini me is absolutely miserable. I am, however, just grateful it's not the nasty stomach flu from last month paying us a house call.

Making Some Changes

Today marks the kickoff of my new diet/lifestyle change. I signed up for Medifast because I was thinking that over a decade later, shedding the baby weight is what I want to do. It's going to be tough, I have to give up Starbuck's...sorry, I had to take a moment there.  Starbuck's is my crutch, I'm a Starbuck's addict. But I plan to do it.

The idea is to be healthier, fitter and feel better. If I get to look more svelte, well that's icing on the cake. So to make myself accountable. I'm going to post my progress here from time to time.  It's a lot like writing 10K in a day, sounds impossible, but nothing is if you put your mind to it.

Summer Plans

Outside of a couple of conferences, I'll be sticking pretty much close to home this summer. We're skipping the usual go-round of camps and planning some local exploration (how much do you know about your own city? We're going to check out every museum we can find!)  Of course, this is after the big summer is here slumber party the mini me is planning. A houseful of tweens, some Let's Dance 3, Karaoke and me...I sense adventure in the future.

Do you and your family have any summer plans or goals this year? 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you on the diet/lifestyle change. I'm available for encouragement or an ear for whining if you need one. You'll be feeling better in no time. I know you'll do great, though, because you have already accomplished so many challenging things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a camping trip that marks the beginning of our summer...then treasure hunting (yard sales) and swimming.

    We go light on the museums over the summer because we go to so many over the school year...and we kind of just try really hard to do nothing. It never works out that way (golfing, canoeing, hiking end up filling our summer days) but we plan to do nothing and let the universe take our summers...

    ReplyDelete