Monday, August 20, 2012

Chocolate and Sex with Guest Blogger Virginia Nelson


Heather, first off, I want to say thanks for having me on the blog today.  Secondly, I want to thank you for inspiring one of the sexier scenes in my new release with Decadent Publishing, Taking Control.
When I sat down and wanted to write a 1Night Stand story, I had tons of ideas.  Tons.  I wanted to take the reality TV idea and blend it into a sexy story of what happens after the show ends.  What happens when you have to live with the infamy—and fat check—that came from the total destruction of your social life?
I also wanted to write about chocolate and sex.  Heather once mentioned in a blog that chocolate releases the same endorphins in the brain as sex.  (She mentioned it in reference to ChocolateDay—the alternative holiday to Valentine’s Day…)
This got me to thinking.  If chocolate releases the same chemicals as sex…what happens when you mix chocolate AND sex.
Double whammy, that’s what. 
So, the very sexy scene involving chocolate powder in Taking Control, my 1Night Stand story was entirely inspired by the idea of the Double Whammy.
Thanks for that, Heather!!
For everyone else, if you want to read the scene, check out my new release!

Blurb:
Looking for Love...
 When she got voted off "Find Your Hubby," a reality tv gameshow, Mellie gave up on finding love.
 In all the wrong places...
Everyone knows that you are more likely to get hit by lightning than find a husband once you’re 40. Using the last of her winnings in a spur of the moment fling, she pays for a matchmaking service that offers you the perfect person-For One Night Only.
Can you buy passion?
When the 'perfect person' they find her is a woman, she first questions their selection service...Then her own desires.

WIN A FREE COPY: 
Tell me, what do you love to pair with chocolate? Comment below and one lucky commentator will win a free copy of Taking Control!


Available at:


Find me online!

12 comments:

  1. I love to pair chocolate with my coffee...so yummy!
    Taking Control sounds great...love the 1NS series!
    andieleah78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two of my favorite words- Coffee and Chocolate. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Strawberries and chocolate cool whip - and sex, of course.
    I believe you've inspired me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good. And I love chocolate covered strawberries!

      Delete
  3. I was trying to figure out one thing to combine chocolate with.
    But chocolate is like love...very hard to describe or pick just one thing that you like best about it.

    So, my answer is almost anything. Chocolate goes good with ALMOST anything.
    Celebrating?..Add chocolate. Bummed out? Add chocolate gonna get freaky with somebody? Of course add chocolate. heh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm now oddly craving chocolate, strawberries and cool whip :)

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been waiting for this book to come out:) I've been married for almost 19 years so, sadly, I've got to read about interesting sex:) 5 canine kids, food and sex? There is bound to be a disastrous ending:)
    Good luck, Virginia. You are my rock star hero!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate goes great with something salty. Chocolate ice cream and chips, chocolate frosty and French fries
    Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for spending time here Virg! It's always awesome to host you and you know my love of chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Heather! And I agree with the salty. I love chocolate and bacon, weird as that may sound. A friend sent me some for Valentine's Day last year and I fell instantly in love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Gemma K. Murray!! You won the blog contest!!
    I will be getting your copy over to you asap!!

    ReplyDelete