Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Autumn is in the Air: The Ever Evolving Schedule

It's autumn here in Texas, which means it's wonderfully chill at night and sunshine warmth during the day. It's the sanctuary from the too-often brutal heat of summer (although arguably it wasn't that hot this summer).  Autumn brings with it the return to school and even better, the return of the fall television programming schedule. New episodes, new stories, new creativity--new sparks.

This year it also demands a change in my writing schedule. I'm starting the year out a single mom with single mom responsibilities. I made a deal with my daughter that I would write during the day and spend my evenings with her. Sometimes my muse does not like this. She gets downright feisty when I start doing other things in my day-like playing, exercising, walking the dogs, and hanging out.

The funny thing is, when my muse gets feisty. I get new ideas. I know, I don't always need more ideas, but I've been thrilled about the ones that showed up lately.

Monday marked the release day of Yesterday's Heroes. I'm delighted to share this book with my readers and I can't wait (fingers crossed) to be able to announce when the second one will be released. Have no fear, it is written and for those that have said there is so much  more to the story--they're right. I've seen where this is going and it's a dark, twisting, wild ride that I can't wait to put to paper.

In the meanwhile, I'm working on a contemporary. You know what I love about contemporaries? They make everyday life the setting and it's romantic, and sweet, and filled with all the flawed interactions that make it fun to talk to others. After that, I have a very special Always a Marine novel to write. I am super excited about this one even though I know it will be hard and in places dark and sad.

After that, comes a trip to Las Vegas with a respite from the gritty where paranormal light is the rule and the hot, fun, sexy characters come to life. What do you do when the woman you love has no idea who you are? And to get her back, you have to make her remember--but if she remembers that she was pissed at you...see? Slippery slope of sexy fun.

The book after that is Boomers #3. Simon's book. I can't tell you more about that right now, but when I can I will.  So I love autumn, crisp air, crisp ideas, lots of writing--if only I could have a pumpkin spice latte. But that's coming, I talked to my Medifast folks and we may have figured out a healthy one that I can enjoy and not mess up my diet.

Did I mention that autumn this year also saw my weight go under 200 pounds? As of this morning it's 198 and dropping. This is me being happy--and a little amused that now I have to wear sweaters when it's chilly, not used to needing them.

And in just six days I get to have The Avengers on DVD. Anyone who knows me knows I totally get my geek on when it comes to superheroes. I can't wait!

My schedule is ever evolving. My writing, my play, my work-but I wouldn't trade it. What are you doing this autumn?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a plan. Congratulations on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete