Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Happy Hump Day, Classes and More

I can hardly believe that Halloween/Samhain is right around the corner, or that I actually had a conversation with the Mini about pulling down the Christmas decorations and our holiday plans. Of course, Starbuck's is selling the pumpkin spice latte, it's actually not sweltering in Texas and new fall programming is airing in and around the near gladiatorial countdown to election day here in the states, so what does that mean?

NaNoWriMo of course!

We're 14 days away from the kick off of National Novel Writing Month. This annual event draws writers together published and unpublished in hard driving push to write that novel. I have participated for more than a decade and this year will be no exception. In the spirit of that, I'm offering my pre-writing class next week to help you organize your thoughts, pull together your data and have everything you need to get your book done.These are all the things that I do before I write a book and I've written over 25 since July 1, 2011.

Registration closes soon, so don't miss out. For those of you who want help with the editing when NaNo is over, I have an editing class kicking off in December right after NaNo is over. You can register for one or both classes here

Rituals and Samhain

Over on our Witchcraft and Writing loop, we're offering the last class of the year on Ritual Basics and Celebrating Samhain with the fabulous Deborah Blake. That class registration closes soon as well. So get your registrations in today, we would love to see you there.

In the meanwhile, I have to get back to writing. Oh and yes, I will totally be tuning in for episode 2 of the CW's Arrow tonight--how's that for a nonsequitor?

1 comment:

  1. I hope lots of people come by for the class--it is going to be fun!

    And I was impressed by the first episode of Arrow...will definitely be checking out the next one.

    happy writing!

    ReplyDelete