Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Show & Tell: Wendi Zwaduk & One More Night

Do you remember those days in school when you got to take something special in and share it with the whole class? My teacher used to have us put it in a brown paper bag. We would tell the class all about the item, what it meant to us, why we liked it and then we would pull it out of the paper bag like a Magician saying VOILA! Oohs and aahs would follow and I always got so excited.  Today, I'm launching a new feature here on my blog, it's show and tell, author style. I don't really have a brown paper bag, but what I do have is something almost as good--a great book by a great author.  

She's funny, she's sassy, and she's a fellow Decadent author.  Please give Wendi Zwaduk a warm welcome, she volunteered to be my first brown paper bag:

About Wendi Zwaduk

I always dreamed of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I tend to write books with titles taken from songs because music is one of my many muses.

I earned a BA in education  and as well as a Masters in Education. I've tried my hand at teaching, waitressing, and retail sales, but writing holds my heart.

I love NASCAR, romance, books in general, farmland, dirt racing, and my menagerie of animals. I books under contract with Total-E-Bound, Liquid Silver Books, and the Wild Rose Press. But then again, I've got more stories percolating than my brain can handle. I can't wait to share them with you!




One More Night

Fear can blind. Will love show the way in the dark? All it takes is one more night...

Ooo! It's a 1 Night Stand! I love those!
Three years ago, Jenna ran away from what should have been the best night of her life. Letting her fear and shame get in the way of true happiness has haunted her ever since. It’s time to move on and put the past behind her. A date through the 1Night Stand service is the perfect opportunity to start living life again.

When the love of his life slipped through his fingers, Drake hated to let her go. A near-death accident prevented him from going after her. But after three years of recovery and waiting, he’s ready to take back what’s his, and he’ll do whatever it takes to keep her from running again.

Can Madame Eve work a miracle or will love lose out to pride and fear?

Excerpt

“You bring out the bad girl in me. I forgot how much I liked it.”

If he shoved her panties to the side, she’d let him grope her there in the reception room. He resisted the urge to go too far and moved her dress to repair her modesty. “You’re good at being bad.” With the pads of his fingers, he stroked down the length of her leg and caressed her ankle. The crimson polish on her toes glittered in the fluorescent light. “You always did like bare feet.”

Her voice dropped to the husky purr he hadn’t heard in a long time. “My stilettos pinched my toes. Bare is more comfortable.”

“I’m glad you came back.” The old feelings welled in his brain, reminding him how he hadn’t stopped loving her. Ever. “You aren’t the same girl who walked out of here three years ago. Not really. I want to discover all the ways you’ve grown.”

“You’ve changed, too.” The husky tone of her voice trailed up his spine. Jenna traced the line of his lapel with her finger. “More poetic, less gruff. And you shaved.” For the first time since she’d set foot on the tarmac, she smiled. “I like the changes. They work on you.” She murmured in his ear, “I wouldn’t have stopped you if you kept going.”

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me for the very first Show and Tell! I'm excited to be here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. I'll have to add her to my to read list. :)

    ReplyDelete