Thursday, December 6, 2012

Show & Tell Thursday: Meet FoxFire Authors Ditter the Great and Dawn Montgomery

We have a special show and tell treat for you this morning! Ditter and Dawn Montgomery, writing partners and the co-authors of Foxfire are here to tell us a little bit about them and their new release. The wonder and joy of social media, I met Ditter through a Decadent Publishing book club and I am delighted to have had the opportunity to get to know her and to share their book with you. Be sure to check it out after the mini-interview!

Why Ditter? It's an usual name to go by particularly without the last name. Can you share a little about where it comes from?
My older sister could not pronounce sister when I was born. It came out as Ditter and it stuck. Over the years it has been pronounced Didder. I started a book group and a Blog that got a lot of attention from a lot of people in high places. When I decided to write, I was going to use the name C.k. Blake, but was deterred from doing so by several different people for many reasons. The main reason being thousands knew me as DittertheGreat therefore it would be best to write under that name. Well, I was not about to write under TheGreat, so I dropped that part of it and decided on just Ditter. Hey, Cher did it ;)

In Foxfire, you have your characters trapped in an eclectic living museum--chills at the thought--what would be the great thing about being trapped there? What's the worst?
The great thing about living in the mansion...I suppose that would be the elaborate parties and interesting people you meet. You're surrounded by magic and illusion so it would be easy to lose yourself in wonder. The worst thing...you're trapped, and are forced to serve even after death. Mr. Devonshire destroyed his own humanity in his search for power. Each member of his collection is unique and he will exploit them in any way possible. --(Ditter and Dawn)

If it's not too telling, why a shapeshifting fox?
That one's my fault. I'm a huge folklore lover. The kitsune, the fox spirit, was an incredible inspiration. They were mischievous, sexual creatures who could cast illusion at will. There were a lot of stories about trapping them, about the more dangerous and cruel kitsunes, but also about their undying loyalty to those who earned it. Some believed a pearl held their souls or part of their magic when they shifted to human form. I started thinking about what kind of mischief a powerful kitsune would create if he were trapped unwillingly. And Shad was born. --(Dawn)

You co-wrote the book, did you find sharing the creative process allowed you to take the story to more challenging places? And how did you work? Share scenes? Etc?
How do I describe writing with Ditter? It's a jam session of creativity and love of romance every step of the way. I've been writing for a long time, and have spent several years writing with and teaching others. Writing with Ditter is amazing. She balances my weaknesses with her strengths and v/v. We usually get on the phone and talk while the other writes. Skype, instant messenger, and facebook make this almost as good as sitting in the same room together. When one person is working on a tricky part of a scene, the other is thinking ahead to the next one. Our writing sessions usually last most of the morning and then again, late at night so we can spend time with our family. (Dawn)

How do I describe writing with Dawn? It was a dream come true for me. I have loved Dawn's writing since I read Primal Hunger. I brought her in to my book group on Facebook. I beta read for her on a few of her books and naturally fell in love with them also. We were talking on the phone one night and decided to try and write a book together. It truly is one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I am having an enormous amount of fun writing with her...She has so much talent and we are on the same page 90% of the time. I have nothing negative to say at all. It's been a blessing to me from day one. (Ditter)

Who's your favorite superhero? (and yes, I totally had to ask!)
Favorite superhero...Wolverine, hands down. Gambit is a close follow, but only b/c I'm a sucker for a sexy Cajun. If I had to pick a superhero to be...Storm, Phoenix or Catwoman. ;) Catwoman is a superhero...sometimes. LOL. (Dawn)

Favorite Superhero- The Human Torch-Johnny Storm...No explanation necessary! *Grin*--Ditter

Keep up with Ditter and more via her blog! Loads of fun and great info, too!

Foxfire

Book 1 in the Dark Talisman series. While each Dark Talisman is a standalone, the greatest enjoyment can be found reading the books in series order.

Trapped!
Magickal null Alaya Bellemore is stuck in a mansion where murder-mystery games become a little too real. Midnight encounters with a certain shape-shifting fox becomes the norm. Even the walls and doors are alive.

Shad’s been trapped for far longer than he’d care to remember. When the luscious Alaya walks into his life he finds hope beginning to burn in his heart and soul. Their passion explodes in an inferno scorching enough to temper their resolve, and Shad will stop at nothing to protect what’s his.

Can Shad help Alaya escape the clutches of an eclectic collector before she becomes part of his living museum?

Available now at Amazon

18 comments:

  1. Thank you Heather! I really enjoyed the interview, and as usual you did a great job!! I appreciate you having me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog and interview you all...I loved this book....I LOVE these two Ladies and look forward to so much more from them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Book 2 is coming soon :)

      Delete
    2. Great interview Ditter and Dawn new books for my TBR list thanks!

      Delete
    3. Thank you Bella!! I hope you enjoy it!! :)

      Delete
  3. That was a fantastic interview! I have purchased Foxfire and it is next on my TBR.

    I am member of Ditter's book group and interact with them almost daily. Ditter and Dawn are such amazing, wonderful, talented women. I am so excited that they have collaborated to write this series and I hope there are many more projects to come.

    I do also highly recommend you check out Ditter's blog. The Neighbor Chronicles are hilarious and most of the other blogs are easily related to and full of insight and emotion.

    Thank you Heather for introducing these fantastic women to your blog followers. To get to know them is to love them and I am honored to call them my friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lois! I enjoy having you in my group! You are always so quick to show your support and lift someone up. Thank you also for the blog shout out :) I hope you enjoy FoxFire!

      Delete
  4. Great interview! I loved FoxFire! I absolutely loved the mystery element to the story line. I can not wait to read more from these two amazing authors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri! We enjoyed writing it! Book 2 is coming soon :)

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed reading this blog and interview!!!!!
    Thank you Heather!!!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice interview! Great book by two great authors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice interview! I really loved the book also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Interview & I loved FoxFire and can't wait for the next book, or anything the cook up. Great to be apart of the FB Group!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Ditter and Dawn and FoxFire!!! I am not so patiently waiting for Book 2 and anything else they write!!!

    Awesome interview!!!!

    GREAT blog!!!

    Y'all just ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a great interview! Loved FoxFire!!

    ReplyDelete