Thursday, February 14, 2013

Author Liz Borino - Favorite Quotes


Favorite Quotes
My name is Liz Borino, and my greatest passion is that of the written word. I love writing it, sharing it, and reading other peoples’ words. The phrase ‘Standing on the Shoulders of Giants’ comes to mind. Without reading and thinking about what those who came before, I believe we would cease to grow as people.  Below, I’ve listed some of my favorite quotes, and explained how they influenced me. I would love to hear some of your favorites.
*    “A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships were meant for,” unknown author. Sure, it would be easy to write what I ‘know’ will sell (as much as you can know).  I could do a little bit of market research and write exclusively in the ‘it’ genre, the one where authors are selling a million copies per book. But if that genre doesn’t speak to me, the work would come off formulaic and dry. There’s no joy in playing it safe, nor do I believe there’s success.
*    “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take,” Michael Jordan. Okay, let’s be honest, writing is scary. Putting my thoughts on paper, living through a set of characters with lives unlike my own. Or scarier still is illustrating my experience on the page, reliving the pain and joy of life. And then the idea of publishing, whew! What if no publisher accepts it? What if you don’t earn any money? What if no readers connect with your baby… I mean, book? What if they do, though? What if your story touches just one life? These are the things I tell myself when my insecurities threaten to get the best of me.
*    “We cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are,” Max DePree. Editing is a dirty word for many authors. But, so many protest, the first draft is amazing and tells the story exactly how I want to! Why change it? Because no matter how fantastic a first draft is, the true genius can’t be reflected until their darlings are murdered. My own, especially.  
*    “Maybe it’s not my weekend, but it’s gonna be my year,” All Time Low. This is a good quote to remember when writer’s block hits or numbers are down. A writing career is a marathon, not a sprint. The important thing when those ‘off’ weekends happen is to keep writing, and take steps (promotion, advertisements, etc.) to make sure the good weekend is turned into a great year.
*     “It’s risky breathing, let alone needing,” Leeann Womack. I, like most authors, write first and foremost to fulfill a need, a burning desire in my heart and soul to get these stories down on paper. To show the world the beauty of possibilities: love, passion, and a life many don’t get the chance to live. Writers need to write to get it out of their souls. We share it with the world because we think the world needs to hear it. At least, that’s why I do.
Blurb:
From the moment Steve Michaels met actor Zack Greene in the men’s room of a press conference, the director knew his snarkiness mixed with angelic features, excited him. What he wasn’t prepared for was the vulnerability underneath the hardened exterior. And he really wasn’t prepared to fall in love.
But they did.

Zack needed some positive press and a second chance after getting out of rehab. He found the director of Ben’s Life, the series he planned to audition for. Steve helped him within a loving structured relationship. 

Follow Zack and Steve as they face the challenges of work, family, injuries, and pasts together as they redefine family.

Warning: Contains spanking, Light BDSM, Dom/sub relationship, and two men who can’t get enough of each other. Vol. 1 includes Casting, Action, Cutaway, and That’s a Wrap. E-book Paperback

Casting: FREE- Steve Michaels had one goal for the evening: drink just enough to get through the press conference in promotion of Ben’s Life, the new television series he’s directing. Plans change for him when the seedy producer of the show zeroes in his seduction efforts on Zack Greene, the bad boy of the moment. Now, Steve has to make sure Zack doesn’t sue.

Instead of finding the hardened bad boy he expected, Steve finds a vulnerable man whom life has beaten down. Can Steve help build him back up with a loving structured relationship? Find out how being cast in right roles enriches their careers and lives. Smashwords

1 comment:

  1. An awesome blog post!! Author Liz Borne favorite quotes are already impressed me and I'm satisfied finding out such amazing place for quotes inspiration. Thanks.
    quotes on change

    ReplyDelete