Saturday, April 13, 2013

Building a Better Me - 2011 - 2013

Those of you who follow me on Facebook know I've been working on my weight loss since May of 2012 - well actually I'd tried for years without a whole lot of success until May of 2012. In the nearly a year since I started this, I've lost almost 90 pounds. But it's better told with visuals.

June 2011
That's me down front next to Nalini Singh on the right. At the time I weighed about 260 pounds. I worked out every day and I tried to eat healthy, but it wasn't working.


May 2012
That's me with fabulous reader Tara in May exactly four days before I started the new diet. I weighed 253 pounds.

August 2012
By August, three months into the new regimen, I was down almost 40 pounds - I think I was right around 38 pounds off.

November 2012
Six months on the Medifast program, eating six times a day, ever three hours and having given up my Starbuck's addiction, I'm at seventy pounds down and I've dropped from a size 24 to a size 12.


February 2013
Here I am in February, just now a size 10 and down 80 pounds.

As of this morning, I am less than nine pounds from my goal, so the next photo I put up will be in May, one year from when I started the weight loss. Sometimes, it's better to show than to tell. But what a difference a year makes! I feel better than I have in years, and I no longer have to use a CPAP - which was part of the goal when I started!

11 comments:

  1. What a great success story! I'm so glad you feel better and you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you. You know how you've helped me do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration to all of us who would like to lose weight !! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow would you share what the diet was. what great results. congratulations i wanna be you when i grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! BTW, who's the hot redhead?:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job, Heather!!! I know exactly how you feel. You should check out my before/after pic on FB. It's in my mobile uploads. Feels great, doesn't it?!! Dawn S.

    ReplyDelete