Friday, September 20, 2013

My Favorite Guilty Indulgence #NdulgentHop

Take Me Back to the Beginning


It's funny, when I signed up for this blog hop it was to celebrate a blog I really enjoy and because it sounded like fun. So I had to think about what guilty indulgence do I really have? Over the last few years, we've had to do a lot of belt tightening and there's been changes in my personal and professional life. Mini Me is growing up and her schedule and needs are more demanding. Most of the time, my resources are poured into three things: bills, the kiddo, and the animals. This doesn't often leave a lot of leftover for me.

But I do have some allowances, and every now and then I get to pick something to go and do for me. So here are a few of my favorite things:

1. Manicures and Pedicures - if I have one vanity, it's my nails. Seriously. I like to have nice nails. First and foremost I type 18 hours a day so a snagging nail or a cracked one makes it hard to type. But there's just something about a fresh coat of polish and the foot massage that really makes me smile.

2. Massages - While this may seem like a no brainer, I had a problem with two compressed nerves in 2011 that left me in agony whether I was sitting or standing. Even lying on my back hurt like hell. You couple that with long hours of typing and I get a lot of knotted muscles. Between the therapy for the back and the massages, this helped. When I went through weight loss last year, I used to get a massage every thirty days if I could--it helped everything and kept my stress levels manageable. So while I make practical allowance for this guilty indulgence it remains one!

3. Scandal - I love good television whether it's Vampire Diaries, Castle, Grey's Anatomy or Arrow, but I adore Scandal. It rapidly became the show I had to watch to find out what the hell would happen next and even when my jaw is on the floor, I'm over the moon at the same time.

4. Good books - Yep, another no brainer. I'm an author, of course I like good books, but I can't always turn off my inner editor so I need books that suck me in and don't let me go. Fortunately, I have a lot of go to authors that I can curl up and read. With deadlines, life and the kiddo--sometimes those books are my only escape and I sink into them and let them carry me away from the world. I may need sleep, but this is one guilty indulgence I won't give up just for a few hours of shut eye.

So what are your guilty indulgences? I'm giving away a PDF copy of the winner's choice from my Fevered Hearts or Always a Marine series to one lucky commentator.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for participating!

    parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite indulgence is reading. Thanks for sharing the hop and the giveaway. Happy Blogoversary to Book Indulgence evamillien at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite indulgences are books, Coca-Cola, beef jerky, bacon, and SLEEP!!!! I don't get much of the beef jerky or bacon (costs too much). And I never get enough sleep. I've cut down my Coca-Cola habit so about all I have left is books. I am a faithful library patron. I also have a One-click habit on Amazon.com (only freebies).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Scandal and Castle also! Books are a big guilty indulgence for me.

    pjmillion (at) comcast (dot) net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read and I don't feel guilty except for the amount I spend on books. I LOVE my DVR so I can watch without the commercials. BBT, Criminal Minds, Elementary and the like. 1_trouble at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete