Sunday, October 13, 2013

Lucky 13 Trick-or-Treat Blog Hop: My Favorite Halloween Memory



I love autumn. Seriously, I do. Trick-or-treating is also one of those activities that I adored as a child for the fun of dressing up, racing through the dark with my friends, gathering candy and treats and then taking them home to be sorted. When I was a teen, I continued the tradition of dressing up so I could chaperone children I used to babysit for their trick or treating and yes, I scored candy, too. As an adult, I didn't get to trick or treat as often, but I still did the dressing up because it was fun. When I became a parent, well hell, that was the best excuse ever to do dress up. I think my favorite year as a parent on Halloween was when Mini dressed up as Alice in Zombieland and I went as the Queen of Hearts. I chased my little zombie all over the place.


What makes this funnier is that this year, Mini Me scored a starring role in her very first play: 10 Ways to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse!
Happy Halloween!
As part of our Lucky 13 Blog Hop, I have a special treat for ten commenters, a free audible download of one of my books available on audio! To enter, just answer the following question in the comments and winners will be chosen at random at the end of the hop: What's your favorite part of Halloween?


Recent Releases:

Holiday Marines
Chance Monroe

Fevered Hearts



Happy trick-or-treating!




Possible Prizes: 

Kindle PaperWhite, if we have enough entries
Treat Bundle – From Participating Authors
Trick Bundle – From Participating Authors
Individual Prizes from each blog hop stop (Trick or a Treat)

Details: 



  • ·      FOOL'S GOLD, The Diamond Series Book 2 by Cassandra Dean
  • ·      Her Wicked Sin (Sins of Salem #1) historical romance (Entangled Scandalous) via Amazon or BN gift copy
  • ·      Hot Winter Kiss, Irish Kisses bk4 by Joanne Kenrick
  • ·      Norse Jewel by Gina Conkle
  • ·      Once Her Man, Always Her Man by Heather Long
  • ·      Then, Again by Karen Stivali
  • ·      Reforming the Cowboy: A South Beach Book, gifted as an Amazon ebook by Marisa Cleveland
  • ·      Scrap Metal by Jennah Scott
  • ·      Brazen (Whispering Cove) by Cathryn Fox
  • ·      A Date with Death (1NS ) by Louisa Bacio




  • ·      Fight or Flight by Natalie J. Damschroder
  • ·      Silken Edge by Lacey Paige
  • ·      Sleepy Hollow Dreams by Taryn Kincaid
  • ·      Lightning by Taryn Kincaid
  • ·      Ruby Hill supernatural romance (Entangled Ever After) via Amazon or BN gift copy
  • ·      ebook bundle, Tales from the Coffin by Joanne Kenrick
  • ·      Last Flight of the Ark by Dawn Jackson
  • ·      Kindred of the Fallen by Isis Rushdan
  • ·      Protector of the Flame by Isis Rushdan
  • ·      Hereafter by Joya Fields
  • ·      Earth Witches Aren't Easy by Heather Long
  • ·      Marshal of Hel Dorado by Heather Long
  • ·      Amazon or B & N gift copy of To Catch Her Death (Book 1 in the Grim Reality series) by Boone Brux
  • ·      Hunter's Moon (Paranormal Romance) by Lisa Kessler
  • ·      Heaven and Hellsbane by Paige Cuccaro


To Enter

Visit all the participating blogs for individual prizes and use the rafflecopter below to enter for a chance at the grand prizes!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

16 comments:

  1. Totally love dressing up. It's pure magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part of Halloween is the kids. I love to see them all dress in the great costumes. They take such pride in their costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing the kids in their costume's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything. The kids. The excitement. The anticipation. The costumes. The candy! The fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halloween seems to be the only holiday that is still fun. I love waiting for the kids to show, in costume, to trick-or-treat, and seeing their creativity.
    ~Michelle
    mmmazuros at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truthfully?? Everything. Dressing up, the weather, the magic, and of course the candy. I have a good reason though. My birthday is two days before Halloween. I consider it the kick off to my holiday season. =)

    Bobbie

    mamaboo7907 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the candy

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dressing up!!! I love love love costumes n.kuhn.acn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything! You get to see the other side of people, dress up and have a good time..
    elliott2668[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seeing the kids in their costume's.

    parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seeing all the kids in their costumes
    skpetal at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Heather,
    Love the Queen of Hearts dress and your great expression to go with it! This is the first year my boys (now teens) have said they'll pass on dressing up. A sad milestone, since last year my youngest dressed up in the inflatable Sumo wrestler costume. Someday they'll get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Halloween especially the chocolate!!! Thanks so much for having this great hop!!
    Ashley A
    ash_app@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So hard to pick just one thing to love about Halloween!!! It is an awesome triple threat...Costumes, Candy and my Birthday!!!! Impossible not to adore everything!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite part is watching my normally laid back husband interacting with all the trick or treaters as he hands out candy. He makes sure each kid knows he has seen and appreciates their costume.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite part of Halloween is watching the kids have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete