Tuesday, November 19, 2013

#HolidayMarines COVER REVEAL: Lest Old Marines Be Forgot

In some ways, I've been waiting a year to share the holiday Marines. In 2012, I thought about doing a series of Marines all set during the holiday season and even picked the holidays I wanted to feature. As we've worked our way through 2013, I wrote holiday stories in spring, summer, and autumn. Let me tell you how surreal it was to write a Christmasy story when I was in shorts and sweating to death in the high heat of summer!

So far, we have released the Thanksgiving, Hanukkah and Yule Marines, Very shortly you will have Have Yourself a Marine Christmas. Every single one of the holiday Marines will have a portion of the proceeds donated to Toys for Tots.  And we have one last cover to share with you, it is my last of the Always a Marine series for 2013 (not the last forever, don't panic) and as with all of these tales, I am excited to share with you a little something different. 

Without further ado, get ready to kick off 2014 with Lest Old Marines Be Forgot, because you're never too old or too late to find love.


Releasing December 2


She never stopped grieving…

It’s New Year’s Eve, and thirty years since Brenda Connors buried the only man she ever loved. Every year on the anniversary of his death, she finds herself in the hospital, suffering from chest pains. No matter how expected, it always takes her breath away. This year…this year she wants it to be different and takes the advice of her best friend and would be sister-in-law to sign up for a one-night stand. It seems ridiculous, just a year shy of her fiftieth birthday to try and seek happiness she long since gave up on. She never imagined a stern faced Marine with talent for making her laugh…

He doesn’t know what the future holds…

Married to his career and facing forced retirement, Major Tom Baxter doesn’t see much of a future for himself in civilian life. A poker game with the son of an old friend earns him some unwanted advice, but it’s advice he can’t get out of his head. He signs up for a one-night stand, to discover what life on the outside might have to offer. The last thing he expected was an elegant soul with a streak of mischief…

Ringing in a new beginning…

Can Tom and Brenda make every second of their countdown to midnight count, lest old Marines be forgot?

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well I guess that would help, too. Huh? *facepalms* I'll update the blog post but currently this is scheduled for December 2

      Delete
  2. Heather,
    You know I've been a fan of this series from the beginning, but you've elevated it with this year's holiday collection! I love that you write about ALL people regardless of age, background, preference or lifestyle. LOVE = LOVE

    I just wish I could pre-order all of them on Amazon. The anticipation is killing me!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    http://nursewannabeinfl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I love this series so much and part of it is because it does show the uniqueness in the men and women who are the main characters.

    ReplyDelete