Can you believe 2013 is drawing to a close? I can't. It feels like just yesterday we were counting down to close out 2012 and ring in 2013. In just a couple of weeks, we'll be bidding 2013 farewell and dashing into the new year. It seems wildly appropriate to kick off this hop on Friday the 13th as we countdown to saying goodbye to 2013 (at least for me), as 13 is my favorite number. To honor the occasion, I wanted to share with you 13 things I am proud of this year. They are in no particular order:
13. I released 24 titles this year, that's a rate of two per month. Included in those releases were books in 4 different series. (Okay, I need to take a minute to hyperventilate).
12. I paid my mortgage for the first time off royalties earned on my releases. This is huge. As authors we don't always like to talk about the money end of things, but being able to support myself and my child is a huge accomplishment for me.
11. Of the 24 titles I released this year, 14 were in the Always a Marine series (15 if you count the book that released quite literally on the tail end of 2012).
10. Of the 14 Always a Marine titles I released, eight of those were earmarked to have a portion of their royalties donated to charity.
9. 5 of those 14 titles include the holiday Marines and a portion of those proceeds are going to Toys for Tots and will for as long as people are buying them. Titles include:
- A Marine of Plenty
- A Candle for a Marine
- Marine Under the Mistletoe
- Have Yourself a Marine Christmas
- Lest Old Marines Be Forgot
8. During my Coffee Happy Hour at Readers and Ritas in November, my readers brought over 90 toys to be collected for Toys for Tots!
7. In February of 2013, I did a 5k run (okay so I walked it), but I still did it and I had a great time!
6. In March of 2013, I weighed in 85 pounds lost since May of 2012. As of this writing, I have kept it all off (and I am freezing my arse off this winter, but it's worth it).
5. I got to see Thor 2. Yes, I know this isn't really an accomplishment, but it was damn cool!
4. I wrote nearly as many books as I published this year and I realized that for the first time, my editorial calendar stretches into 2016.
3. In my Fevered Hearts series, I planned to write a bridge novella that would take readers from book 5 to book 6. That novella grew to be another 120K book, the second in the series to be that long.
2. I logged a little over 10,000 miles in travel this year, and most of it I did in my car.
1. I grew, I achieved my goals, and I set new ones. I also became the mom to a teenager this year...what can I say, I like a challenge?
So what's next?
In January, I'm launching a new series that I am over the moon excited about, it's called Some Like It Royal. Consider this your invitation to join us for the release party on Facebook. 2014? It's gonna be a blast!
So how was your year? And what are you most looking forward to with the new year?
Don't miss the rest of the hop, there's some great prizes to be won and I'm giving away a $25 gift card to Amazon so use the rafflecopter for that one!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Visit the Mistletoe Madness Blog hop 2013 main page to enter to win the Grand Prize! Click Here