Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Something #Warrior This Way Comes from @RebeccaRoyce #PNR #YA #Dystopian

Help me welcome Rebecca Royce as we take a sneak peek into an interview given by Rachel Clancy the heroine of her Warrior series. Trust me, this one journey you don't want to miss. Initiation, the first book in the Warrior series releases today!

***

I’m sitting across from a sixteen year girl. Her name is Rachel Clancy and even as I tap on my pad and paper with my interview questions I’m not sure what I should exactly say to her.  I’ve never done this before. All my years of being an attorney in the habitat, I’ve never even spoken to a Warrior, let alone a teenage version.

But I know her story.  Everyone does.  The Warriors are like celebrities.  Only the kind that die for us.  And personally I’ve never known what I would say to any of them if I did end up in this situation. 

How was I supposed to defend a teenager warrior accused of treason?  She doesn’t look like a traitor.  She looks like a scared kid.

“Your name is Rachel Clancy. I’m Teddy. I’m your defender. I’ll admit that I have never tried anything like this before. Generally, I settle the agriculture disputes.” 

Rachel nods her head, her red hair falling over her shoulders.  She’s dirty and her eyes are older than any sixteen year old I’ve ever seen before.  “Teddy.  It’s very important you believe me.” 

I lean forward, some of my intimidation fleeing.  Her voice is young. She’s not going to hurt me. Not any more than any other teenage girl ever would. 
“Okay, Rachel.  Tell me your story. I’ll listen.” 

She nodded quickly and looked away from me for a second before turning back.  “On my sixteenth birthday they sent me Upwards. To fight the vampires. The Werewolves.” Her voice chokes when she says that. What’s that about? I’m not sure I want to know. “Like every other Warrior.  Only our leadership—Dr. Icahn and the others—they were lying.  To everyone.”





Keep your friends close...and your enemies closer.

Rachel Clancy has had to learn the hard way that you can't always trust who you know.

Born with a specific set of genes that lets her fight monsters, Rachel has trained her entire life to kill vampires and werewolves. Unprepared for the level of deception and betrayal she faces as she journeys Upwards to battle her enemies, it's not long before Rachel finds herself on a quest that will alter the lives of everyone she knows.

Including Rachel's...

*This book was previously published and has been extensively re-edited for your enjoyment*

Learn more about Rebecca, her backlist and so much more at her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment