Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Heading to #RT17 - On the Road Again...Sorta

I'm leaving for #RT17 today. While I normally road trip to all my conferences, I had to make some changes this year. Yep, that means I'm booked on a flight. Flying presents a couple of challenges for me:


  • I hate flying. Let me rephrase, I'm absolutely, bloody terrified of it. 
  • I have to be circumspect in what I pack.

There isn't much I can do about the first. The anxiety which strikes when I board a plane has plagued me for years. I have some tips and techniques I employ to help me navigate getting on a plane and taking off. Still, it's tension inducing. 

The second is that when I drive my car, I can carry plenty with me including my own Keurig or electric tea kettle and plenty of extra clothes if I can't make up my mind. Not going to happen on a flight, which means I have to be very picky and deliberate on the packing side of things. 

Both are manageable especially as I'm still recovering from the last spinal procedure. I could wish I wasn't as sore after this last one. The goal, of course, is to minimize pain and keep me on my feet. I'm also able to type again (something I was losing at the end of last year). I'm writing like a fiend. So yes, definite success there. I can also travel, another success. I get to see peeps in Atlanta, participate in events. Speak of events, be sure to come and see me at:

Hotlanta - Wednesday
A Walk on the Wild Side - Thursday
First Base with an Author - Thursday
Entangled Candy and Spoons - Friday

You can see my full schedule right here.

I have just one request.

If you see me in Atlanta (btw, yes my hair is blue!), be sure to come up and say hi, give me a hug, hang out and visit, just please don't squeeze my neck!

I can't wait to see you. I'll be at the hotel by lunchtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment